Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Garden jokes, games and puzzles

At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next  
Most Recent Posts More Rain
Last post: Sue Deacon
Tis late
Last post: marlin vs
some thing for the new year
Last post: ponddigger
Planning the garden jobs month by month - APRIL
Last post: tagwex

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
tagwex
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Irish Millionaire.

Mick, from Dublin, appeared on 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' and towards the end of the program had already won 500,000.

"You've done very well so far," said Chris Tarrant, the show's presenter, "but for a million-pounds you've only got one life-line left phone a friend. Everything is riding on this question..... will you go for it?"

"Sure," said Mick. "I'll have a go!"

"Which of the following birds does NOT build its own nest?
a) Sparrow

b) Thrush,

c) Magpie,

d) Cuckoo?"

"I haven't got a clue." said Mick, ''so I'll use last lifeline and phone my friend Paddy back home in Dublin."

Mick called up his mate, and told him the circumstances and repeated the question to him.

"Fookin hell, Mick!" cried Paddy. "Dat's simple......"It's a cuckoo."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm fookin sure."

Mick hung up the phone and told Chris, "I'll go wit Cuckoo as my answer."

"Is that your final answer?" asked Chris.

"Dat it is, Sir."

There was a long, long pause, and then the presenter screamed, "Cuckoo is the correct answer! Mick, you've won 1 million euros!"

The next night, Mick invited Paddy to their local pub to buy him a drink.

"Tell me, Paddy, how in heaven's name did you know it was da Cuckoo that doesn't build its own nest?"

"Because he lives in a Fookin clock!"

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
tagwex

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one believes seniors . . .

An elderly couple was celebrating their sixtieth anniversary. The couple had married as childhood sweethearts and had moved back to their old neighborhood after they retired. Holding hands, they walked back to their old school. It was not locked, so they entered, and found the old desk they'd shared, where Andy had carved 'I love you, Sally .' On their way back home, a bag of money fell out of an armored car, practically landing at their feet. Sally quickly picked it up and, not sure what to do with it, they took it home. There, she counted the money-fifty thousand euros! Andy said, 'We've got to give it back.' Sally said, 'Finders keepers.' She put the money back in the bag and hid it in their attic.

The next day, two gardai were canvassing the neighborhood looking for the money, and knocked on their door.. 'Pardon me, one garda said to the couple; did either of you find a bag that fell out of an armored car yesterday?'

Sally said, 'No'. Andy said, 'She's lying, She hid it up in the attic'. Sally said, 'Don't believe him, he's getting senile'. The gardai turned to Andy and began to question him. One said: 'Tell us the story from the beginning. 'Andy said, 'Well, when Sally and I were walking home from school yesterday.....

'The first garda turned to his partner and said, 'We're outta here!'

tagwex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A priest was transferred to Ballina Catholic Church. Father O'Malley rose from his bed one morning. It was a fine spring day in his new Ballina parish.
He walked to the window of his bedroom to get a deep breath of the beautiful day outside. He then noticed there was a donkey lying dead in the middle of his front lawn.
Not knowing who else to call, he promptly rang up the local garda station.
The conversation went like this: ''Good morning. This is Sergeant Jones. How might I help you?"

"And the best of the day ter yer good self. This is Father O'Malley at St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church. There's a donkey lying dead right in der middle of me front lawn."
Sergeant Jones, considering himself to be quite a wit, replied with a smirk, "Well now, Father, it was always my impression that you people took care of the last rites!"
There was dead silence on the line for a long moment and then Father O'Malley replied:
"Ah, to be sure, that is true; but we are also obliged to notify the next of kin."

tagwex

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan was a single guy living at home with his father and working in the family business.

When he found out he was going to inherit a fortune when his sickly father died, he decided he needed to find a wife with whom to share his fortune.

One evening, at an investment meeting, he spotted the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Her natural beauty took his breath away.

"I may look like just an ordinary guy," he said to her, "but in just a few years, my father will die and I will inherit $200 million."

Impressed, the woman asked for his business card and three days later, she became his stepmother.

Women are so much better at financial planning than men.

tagwex

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottle of Merlot

A man asked a waiter to take a bottle of Merlot to an unusually attractive woman sitting alone at a table in a cozy little restaurant.

So the waiter took the Merlot to the woman and said, 'This is from the gentleman who is seated over there'....and indicated the sender with a nod of his head.

She stared at the wine coolly for a few seconds, not looking at the man, then decided to send a reply to him by a note.

The waiter, who was lingering nearby for a response, took the note from her and conveyed it to the gentleman.

The note read: 'For me to accept this bottle, you need to have a Mercedes in your garage, a million dollars in the bank and '7' inches in your pants......

After reading the note, the man decided to compose one of his own in return.

He folded the note, handed it to the waiter and instructed him to deliver it to the lady.

It read: 'Just to let you know things aren't always what they appear to be: "I have a Ferrari Maranello, a BMW Z8, a Mercedes CL600 and a PorscheTurbo in my several garages;

I have beautiful homes in Aspen and Miami, and a 10,000 acre ranch in Texas.

There is over twenty million dollars in my bank account and portfolio.

But, not even for a woman as beautiful as you, would I cut off two inches.

Just send the wine back"!!!

Sue Deacon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing They just keep getting better. They say laughter is the best medicine. We will have to start calling you Dr. T.
tagwex

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 Minute Management Course

Lesson 1

A priest offered a nun a lift.

She got in and crossed her legs, forcing her gown to reveal a leg.

The priest nearly had an accident.

After controlling the car, he stealthily slid his hand up her leg.....

The nun said, 'Father, remember Psalm 129?'

The priest removed his hand. But, changing gears, he let his hand slide up her leg again. The nun once again said, 'Father, remember Psalm 129?'

The priest apologised 'Sorry sister but the flesh is weak.'

Arriving at the convent, the nun sighed heavily and went on her way.

On his arrival at the church, the priest rushed to look up Psalm 129. It said, 'Go forth and seek, further up, you will find glory.'

Moral of the story:
If you are not well informed in your job, you might miss a great opportunity.

Lesson 2

A sales rep, an administration clerk, and the manager are walking to lunch when they find an antique oil lamp.

They rub it and a Genie comes out. The Genie says, 'I'll give each of you just one wish.'

'Me first! Me first!' says the admin clerk.. 'I want to be in the Bahamas, driving a speedboat, without a care in the world..' Poof! She's gone.

'Me next! Me next!' says the sales rep. 'I want to be in Hawaii, relaxing on the beach with my personal masseuse, an endless supply of Pina Coladas, and the love of my life.' Poof! He's gone.

'OK, you're up,' the Genie says to the manager.
The manager says, 'I want those two back in the office after lunch.'

Moral of the story:
Always let your boss have the first say.

Lesson 3

An eagle was sitting on a tree resting, doing nothing.

A small rabbit saw the eagle and asked him, 'Can I also sit like you and do nothing?' The eagle answered: 'Sure, why not.'

So, the rabbit sat on the ground below the eagle and rested. All of a sudden, a fox appeared, jumped on the rabbit and ate it.

Moral of the story:
To be sitting and doing nothing, you must be sitting very, very high up.

Lesson 4

A turkey was chatting with a bull. 'I would love to be able to get to the top of that tree,' sighed the turkey, 'but I haven't got the energy.'

'Well, why don't you nibble on some of my droppings?' replied the bull. It's full of nutrients.'

The turkey pecked at a lump of dung, and found it actually gave him enough strength to reach the lowest branch of the tree.

The next day, after eating some more dung, he reached the second branch.

Finally after the fourth night, the turkey was proudly perched at the top of the tree.

He was promptly spotted by a farmer, who shot him out of the tree.

Moral of the story:
Bull shite might get you to the top, but it won't keep you there.

Lesson 5

A little bird was flying south for the winter. It was so cold the bird froze and fell to the ground into a large field.

While he was lying there, a cow came by and dropped some dung on him.

As the frozen bird lay there in the pile of cow dung, he began to realise how warm he was.

The dung was actually thawing him out!

He lay there all warm and happy, and soon began to sing for joy. A passing cat heard the bird singing and came to investigate.

Following the sound, the cat discovered the bird under the pile of cow dung, and promptly dug him out and ate him.

Moral of the story:
(1) Not everyone who shites on you is your enemy.

(2) Not everyone who gets you out of shite is your friend.

(3) And when you're in deep shite, it's best to keep your mouth shut!

THUS ENDS THE 5-MINUTE MANAGEMENT COURSE.

tagwex

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE RABBIT

A rabbit hopped into a pub and said to the barman, 'Can I have a pint of beer, and a ham and cheese toastie, please?

The barman was amazed, but gave the rabbit a pint of beer and a ham and cheese toastie. The rabbit drank the beer, ate the toastie and left. The following night the rabbit returned and again asked for a pint of beer and a ham and cheese toastie. The barman, now intrigued by the rabbit and the extra drinkers in the pub, (because word had got around), gave the rabbit the pint and the toastie. The rabbit consumed them and left. Next night, the pub was packed. In hopped the rabbit and said, 'A pint of beer and a ham and cheese toastie, please.' The crowd was hushed as the barman gave the rabbit his pint and toastie, then burst into applause as the rabbit wolfed them down. Next night, there is standing room only. Coaches had been laid on for the crowds of patrons.

The barman was making more money in a week than he did the previous year. In hopped the rabbit and asked, 'A pint of beer and a ham and cheese toastie, please. The barman said, 'I'm sorry old mate but we are right out of ham and cheese toasties.' The rabbit looked aghast. The crowd had quietened to almost a whisper, when the barman cleared his throat nervously and said, 'We do have a very nice cheese and onion toastie.'

The rabbit looked him in the eye and said, 'Are you sure I will like it.' The peoples' bated breath is ear shatteringly silent.
The barman, with a roguish smile said, 'Do you think that I would let down one of my best friends. I know you'll love it.'
'Ok,' said the rabbit, 'I'll have a pint of beer and a cheese and onion toastie.' The pub erupted with glee as the rabbit quaffed the beer and gorged the toastie.

He then waved to the crowd and left - NEVER TO RETURN! One year later, in the now impoverished pub, the barman, (who had only served only 4 drinks that night, 3 of which were his), called time. When he was cleaning the now empty pub, he saw a small white form, floating above the bar.

The barman said, 'Who are you?' The answer: 'I am the ghost of the rabbit that used to frequent your pub.' The barman said, 'I remember. You made me famous. You would come in every night and have a pint of beer and a ham and cheese toastie. Crowds came to see you and this place was famous.' The rabbit said, 'Yes I know.' The barman said, 'I remember, on your last night we didn't have any ham and cheese toasties. You had a cheese and onion one instead.'
The rabbit said, 'Yes, you promised me that I would love it. The barman said, 'You never came back. What happened?'
'I died', said the rabbit.

;

;

Oh "NO" said the BARMAN,

"what from"

:

:

:

;

;

;

wait for it.........

;

;

;

;

'Mixin-me-toasties.'

tagwex

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tequila

A man walks into a bar in Letterkenny and notices a very large jar on the counter, and sees that it's filled to the brim with 10 bills.

He guesses there must be at least ten thousand euros in it.
He approaches the bartender and asks, "What's with the money in the jar?"

"Well..., you pay 10, and if you pass three tests, you get all the money in the jar and the keys to a brand new jeep."

The man certainly isn't going to pass this up, so he asks, "What are the three tests?"

"You gotta pay first," says the bartender, "those are the rules."

So, after thinking it over a while, the man gives the bartender 10 which he stuffs into the jar.

"Okay," says the bartender, "here's what you need to do:

First - You have to drink a whole quart of tequila, in 60 seconds or less,
and you can't make a face while doing it."

"Second - There's a pit bull chained in the back with a bad tooth. You have to remove that tooth with your bare hands."

"Third - There's a 90-year old lady upstairs who's never had sex. You have to take care of that problem."

The man is stunned! "I know I paid my 10 - but I'm not an idiot!

I won't do it! You'd have to be nuts to drink a quart of tequila
and then do all those other things!"

"Your call," says the bartender, "but, your money stays where it is."

As time goes on, the man has a few more drinks and finally says, "Where's the damn tequila?!"

He grabs the bottle with both hands and drinks it as fast as he can.

Tears stream down both cheeks - but he doesn't make a face - and he drinks it in 58 seconds!

Next, he staggers out the back door where he sees the pit bull chained to a pole.

Soon, the people inside the bar hear loud growling, screaming, and sounds of a terrible fight - then nothing but silence!

Just when they think that the man surely must be dead, he staggers back into the bar.

His clothes are ripped to shreds and he's bleeding from bites and gashes all over his body.

He drunkenly says, "Now... where's that old woman with the bad tooth?"

tagwex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once upon a time there lived a king.
The king had a beautiful daughter, The PRINCESS..

But there was a problem. Everything the princess touched would melt.

No matter what;

Metal,

Wood,

Stone,

Anything she touched would melt.

Because of this, men were afraid of her. Nobody would dare go near her, much less consider marrying her.

The king despaired. What could he do to help his daughter?

He consulted his wizards and magicians. One wizard told the king,
'If your daughter touches one thing that does not melt in her hands,
She will be cured.'

The king was overjoyed and after much thought came up with a plan.

The next day, he held a competition. Any man that could bring his daughter an object that would not melt would marry her and inherit the kingdom's wealth...

THREE YOUNG PRINCES TOOK UP THE CHALLENGE.

The first brought a sword of the finest steel.

But alas, when the princess touched it, it melted.
The prince went away sadly.

The second prince brought diamonds.

He thought since diamonds are the hardest substance in the world they would not melt.
But alas, once the princess touched them, they melted.

He too was sent away disappointed.

The third prince approached. He said to the princess,
'Put your hand in my pocket and feel what is in there.'

The princess did as she was told, though she blushed and turned rosy red in the face.

She felt something round and hard. She held it in her hand.

And it did not melt!!!

The king was overjoyed. Everybody in the kingdom was overjoyed.

So the third prince married the princess and they both lived happily ever after.

Question: What was in the prince's trouser pocket?

M&M's of course.

They melt in your mouth, not in your hand.
What were you thinking??
I STILL WORRY ABOUT YOU LOT SOMETIMES!!!!

tagwex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple in their nineties are both having problems remembering things. During a checkup, the doctor tells them that they're physically okay, but they might want to start writing things down to help them remember ..
Later that night, while watching TV, the old man gets up from his chair. 'Want anything while I'm in the kitchen?' he asks.
'Will you get me a bowl of ice cream?'
'Sure..'
'Don't you think you should write it down so you can remember it?' she asks.
'No, I can remember it.'
'Well, I'd like some strawberries on top, too. Maybe you should write it down, so not to forget it?'
He says, 'I can remember that. You want a bowl of ice cream with strawberries.'
'I'd also like whipped cream. I'm certain you'll forget that, write it down?' she asks.
Irritated, he says, 'I don't need to write it down, I can remember it! Ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream - I got it, for goodness sake!'
Then he toddles into the kitchen. After about 20 minutes, The old man returns from the kitchen and hands his wife a plate of bacon and eggs. She stares at the plate for a moment.
'Where's my toast?'

tagwex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little boy was waiting for his mother to come out of the grocery store. As he waited, he was approached by a man who asked, "Son, can you tell me where the Post Office is?"

The little boy replied, "Sure! Just go straight down this street a two junctions and then turn to your right."

The man thanked the boy kindly and said, "I'm the new priest in town. I'd like for you to come to church on Sunday. I'll show you how to get to Heaven."

The little boy replied with a chuckle. "Awww, bullshit... You don't even know the way to the Post Office!"

tagwex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GETTING MARRIED

Jack, age 92, and Gill, age 89, living in Leitrim, are all excited about their decision to get married. They go for a stroll to discuss the wedding, and on the way they pass a chemist shop and Jack suggests they go in.

Jack addresses the man behind the counter:
"Are you the owner?"

The pharmacist answers, "Yes."

Jack: "We're about to get married. Do you sell heart medication?"

Pharmacist: "Of course we do."

Jack: "How about medicine for circulation?"

Pharmacist: "All kinds "

Jack: "Medicine for rheumatism?"

Pharmacist: "Definitely."

Jack: "How about suppositories?"

Pharmacist: "You bet!"

Jack: "Medicine for memory problems, arthritis, and Alzheimer's?"

Pharmacist: "Yes, a large variety. The works.."

Jack: "What about vitamins, sleeping pills, antidotes for Parkinson's disease?"

Pharmacist: "Absolutely.."

Jack: "Everything for heartburn and indigestion?"

Pharmacist: "We sure do..."

Jack: "You sell wheelchairs, walkers, crutches and canes?"

Pharmacist: "All speeds and sizes."

Jack: "Adult incontinence pants?"

Pharmacist: "Sure."

Jack:
"Then we'd like to use this store for our wedding presents list..."

tagwex

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The three kick rule........

A big city lawyer went duck hunting in a rural area. He shot and dropped a bird, but it fell into a farmer's field on the other side of a fence.As the lawyer climbed over the fence, an elderly farmer drove up on his tractor and asked him what he was doing.
The litigator responded, "I shot a duck and it fell in this field, and now I'm going to retrieve it."
The old farmer Peter replied, "This is my property, and you are not coming over here."

The indignant lawyer said, "I am one of the best trial lawyers in Australia and, if you don't let me get that duck, I'll sue you and take everything you own."
The old farmer smiled and said, "Apparently, you don't know how we settle disputes in this area. We settle small disagreements like this with the 'Three Kick Rule.'
The lawyer asked, "What is the 'Three Kick Rule'?"
The farmer replied, "Well, because the dispute occurs on my land, I get to go first. I kick you three times and then you kick me three times and so on back and forth until someone gives up."
The lawyer quickly thought about the proposed contest and decided that he could easily take the old codger. He agreed to abide by the local custom.
The old farmer slowly climbed down from the tractor and walked up to the attorney. His first kick planted the toe of his heavy steel-toed work boot into the lawyer's groin and dropped him to his knees!
His second kick to the midriff sent the lawyer's last meal gushing from his mouth.
The lawyer was on all fours when the farmer's third kick to his rear end, sent him face-first into a fresh cow pie.
Summoning every bit of his will and remaining strength the lawyer very slowly managed to get to his feet. Wiping his face with the arm of his jacket, he said, "Okay, old man. Now it's my turn."

The old Farmer smiled and said, "Nah, I give up. You can have the duck."

Moral of the story:
'When you are educated, you'll believe only half of what you hear.
When you're intelligent, you know which half.'

tagwex

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LIFE EXPLAINED.....

On the first day, God created the dog and said, "Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. For this, I will give you a life span of twenty years."

The dog said, "That's a long time to be barking. How about only ten years and I'll give you back the other ten?"

So God agreed......

On the second day, God created the monkey and said, "Entertain people, do tricks, and make them laugh. For this, I'll give you a twenty-year life span."

The monkey said, "Monkey tricks for twenty years? That's a pretty long time to perform. How about I give you back ten like the dog did?"

And God agreed......

On the third day, God created the cow and said, "You must go into the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer's family. For this, I will give you a life span of sixty years."

The cow said, "That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for sixty years. How about twenty and I'll give back the other forty?"

And God agreed again......

On the fourth day, God created humans and said, "Eat, sleep, play, marry and enjoy your life. For this, I'll give you twenty years."

But the human said, "Only twenty years? Could you possibly give me my twenty, the forty the cow gave back, the ten the monkey gave back, and the ten the dog gave back; that makes eighty, okay?"

"Okay," said God. "You asked for it."

So that is why for our first twenty years, we eat, sleep, play and enjoy ourselves. For the next forty years, we slave in the sun to support our family. For the next ten years, we do monkey tricks to entertain the grandchildren, and for the last ten years, we sit on the front porch and bark at everyone.

Life has now been explained to you.

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information. I'm doing it as a public service.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Garden jokes, games and puzzles All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 31 of 33

Jump to: