Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News.

...What did you do Today...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 214, 215, 216 ... 224, 225, 226  Next  
Most Recent Posts Potatoes going bad / Fig tree
Last post: Sue Deacon
...What did you do Today...
Last post: Margo
The Post Mortem
Last post: Sue Deacon
The Wexford Whale
Last post: tagwex

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Geranimojess
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margo wrote:
Feel quite bug..red as had the hospital first and then went shopping.
Do you know what really makes me angry. Now the farce of Valentines day is over Aldi are selling off their valentine roses for 10 cheaper than 2 days ago. Just shows what a con it is

The latest on Face Book shows Employees of Popular "Fast Food Restaurants" in England Shopping in local Supermarkets and buying up all the Frozen Products their Restaurant uses and selling them at their own Inflated Prices as "Our own special Recipes"... Rolling Eyes
Margo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've been doing that for years. Commonly called boil in bag cafe
Sue Deacon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments GJ, you'll have to call over for a coffee in the Tea House. Confused Best wait 'till Spring - everywhere is a bit of a soggy mess at the moment, not to mention looking like a building site!

I would have responded last night but the Kindle was on the blink again and after Dave installed and ran CC cleaner I've now lost NHK TV, aggh!

I'm putting everything on hold today until I get this Illustration drawn-up, it's taking longer than it should.

Geranimojess

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may just take you up on that offer...just make sure the Coffee is in a Mug...I've no time for these " Mrs Bouquet hand painted Perry Winkle Little Finger in the Air China Cups" Ccchhheeessee, that was some Mouthful...in short a Builders Mug...

Just to hear the sound of running Water and take in the Aroma of nearby Plants is all I need to lose myself into my own private World...I had a Water feature in Dublin in my back Garden and to sit on the Double Swing with the Dog, his head on my Lap and watch the Birds take turns to stand under the Waterfall and have a Shower...it was priceless...I once had a Robin land on my hand and take a Worm off it , after that whenever I was using the Wheelbarrow he would perch on the Handle and wait for the Worm...made me feel as close to Nature as I'll ever get...

They say as you get older the trivial things you normally took for granted begin to take on a whole new meaning........bring em' on...I'm lovin' it...
tagwex

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Birdman of NW Sligo! !!

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
Sue Deacon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't do - " Mrs Bouquet hand painted Perry Winkle Little Finger in the Air China Cups"! Very Happy Dave says if you want he will break the handle off a mug and you can feel right at home (but then he's a peasant!)

With the cold and rain and a million and one things to do I have only been going down to the pond to check on the fish. But one day last week I stopped rushing for a while - the sun was sparkling on the running water, the birds were tweeting and it was lovely. I remembered why we made this garden.

I love Japanese gardens, I have always wanted a stream and I wanted a bigger pond for my Koi. Well we ticked all the boxes - and then some.

Margo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is where I differ to you. I love bone china cups and saucers especially with afternoon tea. I always drink out the same but mine have big handles on them so I can put my finger through it. Hate drinking out of mugs. And I think the latest trend of drinking out of jam jars is dreadful.

AND I HAVE A TEAPOT ALL THE TIME, NO TEABAG IN A CUP FOR ME
tagwex

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you call yourself teabag don't you?

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
Margo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tagwex wrote:
But you call yourself teabag don't you?

Yes its my middle name. I don't use loose tea though
Sue Deacon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margo wrote:
This is where I differ to you. I love bone china cups and saucers especially with afternoon tea.
Mugs for coffee and 'builder's' tay, China mugs for Earl Grey and other 'posh' tea - and once in a blue moon, cups and saucers (my own design for Churchill) Very Happy
http://chinasearch.co.uk/buy/churchill/emily/

Geranimojess

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margo wrote:
This is where I differ to you. I love bone china cups and saucers especially with afternoon tea. I always drink out the same but mine have big handles on them so I can put my finger through it. Hate drinking out of mugs. And I think the latest trend of drinking out of jam jars is dreadful.

Don't worry...I always carry a Thermos Mug in the Car everywhere I go... the only People I ever saw drinking out of a Jam Jar were the Builders back in the 50's / 60's it was a common sight on a Building Site and a Spoon was in the Jar to prevent it cracking when pouring the Hot Water in...

When I was a Tea Drinker the best Cup I ever had was from a Peat Coloured Bog River...when the Billy-can was Boiling 2 Spoonfuls of loose Tea and a small Twig were put into the Pot and left to Stew...the Twig acted like a Magnet and drew the Tea-leaf's to it allowing you to scoop them out with a Spoon...not a Leaf went into your Mouth as you lowered it down....that same Ice cold Water was also great for having a good wash in.............great times...
Margo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geranimojess wrote:
Margo wrote:

Don't worry...I always carry a Thermos Mug in the Car everywhere I go... the only People I ever saw drinking out of a Jam Jar were the Builders back in the 50's / 60's it was a common sight on a Building Site and a Spoon was in the Jar to prevent it cracking when pouring the Hot Water in...

Its the latest trend in so called posh pubs or bistros in UK
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sue Deacon wrote:
We don't do - " Mrs Bouquet hand painted Perry Winkle Little Finger in the Air China Cups"! Very Happy Dave says if you want he will break the handle off a mug and you can feel right at home (but then he's a peasant!)

With the cold and rain and a million and one things to do I have only been going down to the pond to check on the fish. But one day last week I stopped rushing for a while - the sun was sparkling on the running water, the birds were tweeting and it was lovely. I remembered why we made this garden.

I love Japanese gardens, I have always wanted a stream and I wanted a bigger pond for my Koi. Well we ticked all the boxes - and then some.

I like Dave already...He's prepared to ruin a Mug just to make me feel welcome...I can feel a "Group Hug" coming... Rolling Eyes ....The only Fish I like are the ones they pull out of the Water already covered in Breadcrumbs... Wink

We should all take a moment on a Daily basis to stop this mad rush...even if it is only to gather your thoughts...Mullaghmore Beach was my "Getaway" until every other Tom Dick and Harry discovered it and spoil't everything with their presence...
Margo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To quote a phrase stop a while and smell the flowers
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Margo"]
Geranimojess wrote:
Margo wrote:

Its the latest trend in so called posh pubs or bistros in UK

Saves on having to buy Left and Right handed Cups and Mugs I suppose... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 214, 215, 216 ... 224, 225, 226  Next
Page 215 of 226

Jump to: