Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Garden jokes, games and puzzles

At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next  
Most Recent Posts Best wood to use for a raised bed
Last post: Digger Dan
Announcement: I'm Back with free tickets to Bloom 2018.
Last post: James Kilkelly
Anybody know what this plant is
Last post: Silver surfer
Swallows
Last post: tagwex

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Good guy
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you donít have a knock in your big end and thereís no tremor in your tappets. 🤓🤓🤓
Sue Deacon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too true! Laughing Laughing
Margo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly gardening but made me smile

As a bagpiper, I have played on many occasions
Recently I was asked by a funeral director to play at a graveside service for a homeless man. He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper's cemetery.

As I was not familiar with the area, I got lost, and being a typical man, I didn't stop for directions.
I finally arrived an hour late and saw the funeral guy had evidently gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight.

There were only the diggers and crew left, and they were eating lunch. I felt bad, and apologized to the men for being late..
I went to the side of the grave and looked down, and everything was already in place. I didn't know what else to do, so I started to play.
The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around. I played out my heart and soul for this man with no family and friends.
I played like I've never played before for this homeless man.

And as I played "Amazing Grace", the workers began to weep. They wept, I wept, we all wept together. When I finished, I packed up my bagpipes and started for my car. Though my head was hung low, my heart was full.
As I opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say, "I never seen anything like that before, and I've been putting in septic tanks for twenty years."
Apparently, I'm still lost Ö it's a man thing..
Good guy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good - and they were digging a hole, so itís gardening-ish😁
Sue Deacon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Margo - it made us laugh. Very Happy
Greengage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A policeman on his horse says to a young boy on his bike. " Did Santa bring you that bike" " yes" he replies. Well tell Santa to put a reflector light on it next year, and fines him Ä5 Euro. The little boy looks up at the policeman and asks did Santa bring you that Horse, yes says the policeman well next year tell santa that the dick goes under the horse and not on top.
tagwex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting old in Florida........
Two elderly ladies are sitting on the front porch in Bonita Springs, doing nothing.
One lady turns and asks, 'Do you still get horny?'
The other replies, 'Oh sure I do.'
The first old lady asks, 'What do you do about it?'
The second old lady replies, 'I suck a lifesaver.'
After a few moments, the first old lady asks, 'Who drives you to the beach?'

Three old ladies were sitting side by side in their retirement home in Ft. Lauderdale reminiscing. The first lady recalled shopping at the green grocers and demonstrated with her hands, the length and thickness of a cucumber she could buy for a penny.
The second old lady nodded, adding that onions used to be much bigger and cheaper also, and demonstrated the size of two big onions she could buy for a penny a piece..
The third old lady remarked, 'I can't hear a word you're saying, but I remember the guy you're talking about.

A little old lady was sitting on a park bench in The Villages, a Florida Adult community. A man walked over and sits down on the other end of the bench. After a few moments, the woman asks, 'Are you a stranger here?'
He replies, 'I lived here years ago.'
'So, where were you all these years?'
'In prison,' he says.
'Why did they put you in prison?'
He looked at her, and very quietly said, 'I killed my wife.'
'Oh!' said the woman. 'So you're single...?!'

Two elderly people living in Ft. Myers, he was a widower and she a widow, had known each other for a number of years. One evening there was a community supper in the big arena in the Clubhouse.
The two were at the same table, across from one another. As the meal went on, he took a few admiring glances at her and finally gathered the courage to ask her, 'Will you marry me?'
After about six seconds of 'careful consideration,' she answered 'Yes. Yes, I will!'
The meal ended and, with a few more pleasant exchanges, they went to their respective places. Next morning, he was troubled. 'Did she say 'yes' or did she say 'no'?'
He couldn't remember. Try as he might, he just could not recall. Not even a faint memory. With trepidation, he went to the telephone and called her.
First, he explained that he didn't remember as well as he used to. Then he reviewed the lovely evening past. As he gained a little more courage, he inquired, 'When I asked if you would marry me, did you say ' yes' or did you say 'no'?'
He was delighted to hear her say, 'Why, I said, 'Yes, yes I will' and I meant it with all my heart.' Then she continued, 'And I am so glad that you called, because I couldn't remember who had asked me.'

A man was telling his neighbour in Miami , 'I just bought a new hearing aid. It cost me four thousand dollars, but it's state of the art. It's perfect.'
'Really,' answered the neighbour. 'What kind is it?'
'Twelve thirty.'

A little old man shuffled slowly into the 'Orange Dipper', an ice cream parlour in Naples, and pulled himself slowly, painfully, up onto a stool.
After catching his breath he ordered a banana split.
The waitress asked kindly, 'Crushed nuts?'
'No,' he replied, 'haemorrhoids'.

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
tagwex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little Robert comes down to breakfast. Since they live on a farm, his mother asks if he had done his chores.

"Not yet," said the little Robert.

His mother tells him no breakfast until he does his chores.

Well, he's a little pissed off, so he goes to feed the chickens, and he kicks a chicken. He goes to feed the cows, and he kicks a cow. He goes to feed the pigs, and he kicks a pig. He goes back in for breakfast and his mother gives him a bowl of dry cereal.

"How come I don't get any eggs and bacon? Why don't I have any milk in my cereal?" he asks.

"Well," his mother says, "I saw you kick a chicken, so you don't get any eggs for a week. I saw you kick the pig, so you don't get any bacon for a week either. I saw you kick the cow so for a week you aren't getting any milk."

Just then, his father comes down for breakfast and kicks the cat halfway across the kitchen.

The little boy looks up at his mother with a smile, and says, "You gonna tell him or should I?"

tagwex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CATHOLIC HORSES

A punter was at the horse races playing the ponies and all but losing his shirt.
He noticed a Priest step out onto the track and blessed the forehead of one of the horses lining up for the 4th race.
Description:

Lo and behold, that horse - a very long shot - won the race.
Next race, as the horses lined up, the Priest stepped onto the track. Sure enough, he blessed one of the horses.

The punter made a beeline for a betting window and placed a small bet on the horse. Again, even though it was another long shot, the horse won the race.
Description:

He collected his winnings, and anxiously waited to see which horse the Priest would bless next.

He bet big on it, and it won. As the races continued the Priest kept blessing long shots, and each one ended up winning.

The punter was elated. He made a quick dash to the ATM, withdrew all his savings, and awaited for the Priest's blessing that would tell him which horse to bet on.

True to his pattern, the Priest stepped onto the track for the last race and blessed the forehead of an old nag that was the longest shot of the day.

This time the priest blessed the eyes, ears, and hooves of the old nag. The punter knew he had a winner and bet every cent he owned on the old nag.

He watched dumbfounded as the old nag came in last. In a state of shock, he went to the track area where the Priest was.

Confronting Him, he demanded, 'Father! What happened? All day long you blessed horses and they all won. Then in the last race, the horse you blessed lost by a Kentucky mile. Now, thanks to you I've lost every cent of my savings!'.

The Priest nodded wisely and with sympathy.
'Son,' he said, 'that's the problem with you Protestants, you can't tell the difference between a simple blessing and last rites.

tagwex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A husband and wife are shopping in their local spar: the husband picks up a case of Carling and puts it in their trolley.

'What do you think you're doing?' asks the wife.

'They're on special offer, only Ä10 for 24 cans he replies.

'Put them back, we can't afford them' demands the wife, and so they carry on shopping.

A few aisles further along the woman picks up a Ä20 jar of face cream and puts it in the basket.

What do you think you're doing?' asks the husband.

'Itís my face cream. It makes me look beautiful,' replies the wife.

Her husband retorts: 'So does 24 cans of Carling and it's half the price.'

(On the PA system:) 'Clean-up on aisle 25; we have a husband down.'

tagwex

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor on his Death Bed

An old pastor lay dying. He sent a message for an Internal Revenue Service agent and his lawyer to come to the hospital. When they arrived, they were ushered up to his room. As they entered the room, the pastor held out his
hands and motioned for them to sit on each side of the bed. The pastor grasped their hands, sighed contentedly, smiled, and stared at the ceiling. For a time, no one said anything.

Both the IRS agent and lawyer were touched and flattered that the old man would ask them to be with him during his final moments. They were also puzzled because the pastor had never given any indication that he particularly liked either one of them. Finally, the Lawyer asked, 'Pastor, why did you ask the two of us to come here?' The old pastor mustered all his strength, and then said weakly, 'Jesus died between two thieves, and that's how I'd like to go.'

The Passing
A man and his ever-nagging wife went on vacation to Jerusalem. While they were there, the wife passed away. The undertaker told the husband, "You can have her buried here in the Holy Land for $150 or we can have her shipped back home for $5000. The husband thought about it and told the undertaker he would have her shipped back home. The undertaker asked him, "why would you spend $5000 to have her shipped home when you could have a beautiful burial here, and it would only cost $150????" The husband replied, "Long ago, a man died here, was buried here, and three days later, rose from the dead; I Just cant take that chance!"

Getting into Heaven

A woman arrived at the Gates of Heaven.
While she was waiting for Saint Peter to greet her, she peeked through the gates. She saw a beautiful banquet table. Sitting all around were her parents and all the other people she had loved and who had died before her.
They saw her and began calling greetings to her.
"Hello - How are you!
We've been waiting for you!
Good to see you."

When Saint Peter arrived, the woman said to him, "This is such a wonderful place! How do I get in?"

"You have to spell a word," Saint Peter told her.
"Which word?" the woman asked.

"Love."

The woman correctly spelled 'Love', and Saint Peter welcomed her into Heaven.

About a year later, Saint Peter came to the woman and asked her to stand watch at the Gates of Heaven for him that day.

While the woman was guarding the Gates of Heaven, her husband arrived.

"I'm surprised to see you", the woman said, "How have you been?"

"Oh, I've been doing pretty well since you died," her husband told her. "I married the beautiful young nurse who took care of you while you were ill.
And then I won the multi-state lottery.
I sold the little house you and I lived in and bought a huge mansion.
And my wife and I traveled all around the world. We were on vacation in Cancun and I went water skiing today. I fell and hit my head, and here I am. What a bummer! How do I get in?"

"You simply have to spell a word," the woman told him.

"Which word?" her husband asked.

" Czechoslovakia ."

tagwex

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It Was a Dark and Stormy Night

Bob Hill and his new wife Betty are vacationing in Europe... as it happens, near
Transylvania. They're driving in a rental car along a rather deserted highway. It is late and raining very hard. Bob can barely see the road in front of the car. Suddenly, the car skids out of control Bob attempts to control the car, but to no avail! The car swerves and smashes into a tree.

Moments later, Bob shakes his head to clear the fog.

Dazed, he looks over at the passenger seat and sees his wife unconscious, with her head bleeding! Despite the rain and unfamiliar countryside, Bob knows he has to get her medical assistance. Bob carefully picks his wife up and begins trudging down the road. After a short while, he sees a light. He heads towards the light, which is coming from a large, old house. He approaches the door and knocks. A minute passes. A small, hunched man opens the door.
Bob immediately blurts, "Hello, my name is Bob Hill, and this is my wife Betty. We've been in a terrible accident, and my wife has been seriously hurt. Can I please use your phone?"

"I'm sorry," replies the hunchback, "but we don't have a phone. My master is a doctor, come in, and I will get him!" Bob brings his wife in.

An older man comes down the stairs. "I'm afraid my assistant may have misled you. I am not a medical doctor; I am a scientist... however, it is many miles to the nearest clinic, and I have had a basic medical training. I will see what I can do. Igor, bring them down to the laboratory."

With that, Igor picks up Betty and carries her downstairs with Bob following closely...Igor places Betty on a table in the lab. Bob collapses from exhaustion and his own injuries, so Igor places Bob on an adjoining table. After a brief examination, Igor's master looks worried.
"Things are serious, Igor. Prepare a transfusion."

Igor and his master work feverishly, but to no avail. Bob and Betty are no more. The Hills' deaths upset Igor's master greatly. Wearily, he climbs the steps to his conservatory which houses his grand piano, for it is here that he has always found solace. He begins to play, and a stirring, almost haunting melody fills the house. Meanwhile, Igor is still in the lab tidying up. His eyes catch movement, and he notices the fingers on Betty's hand twitch, keeping time to the haunting piano music. Stunned, he watches as Bob's arm begins to rise, marking the beat! He is further amazed as Betty and Bob both sit up straight!

Unable to contain himself, he dashes up the stairs to the conservatory. He bursts in and shouts to his master:

"Master, Master...The Hills are alive with the sound of music!"

Sue Deacon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Tagwex, really! That's so bad it's brilliant. Laughing
tagwex

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought so too. Far far better than any of that childish shite that good guy puts up!!!

tagwex

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two Clever Nuns

There were two nuns;
One of them was known as Sister Mathematical (SM),
and the other one was known as Sister Logical (SL).

It is getting dark and they are still far away
from the convent.

SM: Have you noticed that a man has been
following us for the past thirty-eight and
a half minutes? I wonder what he wants.

SL: It's logical. He wants to make love to us.

SM: Oh, no! At this rate he will reach us in
15 minutes at the most! What can we do?

SL: The only logical thing to do of course is
to walk faster. A little while later...

SM: It's not working.

SL: Of course it's not working. The man did
the only logical thing. He started to walk
faster, too.

SM: So, what shall we do? At this rate he
will reach us in one minute.

SL: The only logical thing we can do is split.
You go that way and I'll go this way. He
cannot follow us both.

So the man decided to follow Sister Logical.

Sister Mathematical arrives at the convent
and is worried about what has
happened to Sister Logical.

Then Sister Logical arrives.

SM: Sister Logical! Thank God you are here!
Tell me what happened!

SL: The only logical thing happened. The man
couldn't follow us both, so he followed me

SM: Yes, yes! But what happened then?

SL: The only logical thing happened. I started
to run as fast as I could and he started to run
as fast as he could.

SM: And?

SL : The only logical thing happened.
He reached me.

SM : Oh, dear! What did you do?

SL : The only logical thing to do. I lifted
my dress up.

SM : Oh, Sister! What did the man do?

SL: The only logical thing to do. He pulled
down his pants.

SM: Oh, no! What happened then?

SL : Isn't it logical, Sister? A nun with her
dress up can run faster than a man with
his pants down.

And for those of you who thought
it would be dirty,

Say two Hail Marys!

Last edited by tagwex on Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Garden jokes, games and puzzles All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 30 of 34

Jump to: