Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News.

...What did you do Today...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 215, 216, 217 ... 229, 230, 231  Next  
Most Recent Posts Fountain
Last post: vulkan
The spout!!!
Last post: ponddigger
stream and pond on a sloped site
Last post: ponddigger
Colocasia Alocasia
Last post: vincent71

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Sue Deacon
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave often goes down to Mullaghmore on a Sunday, pint, paper and watch the world go by.
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="tagwex"]The Birdman of NW Sligo! !![/quote

That was in Dublin....The "Birdies" here are more cautious,,,but one of them often lands on the Table and helps himself where Denis and I sit...lately some of his Mates accompany him but they sit on the Handrail til' we're gone then all Hell breaks loose despite there being plenty of Seed for everyone...
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sue Deacon wrote:
Dave often goes down to Mullaghmore on a Sunday, pint, paper and watch the world go by.

Which one is Dave.......Tom Dick or Harry..... Laughing
Sue Deacon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Laughing
Good guy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mug, every time. Except for expresso. Porcelain, stoneware, bone china, earthenware or good Uster delph - i dont care as long as it is a pleasure to hold and on the lip. I hate bad handles and thick, clumsy lips on mugs.
As for birds, ive had great crack the last few days watching 5 goldfinches on the nut feeder.
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sue Deacon wrote:

If Dave likes his solitude Weekdays are better...it's so quiet even the local Grocery Shop is closed...very annoying specially' when your looking forward to a Coffee and a sit-down on the Prom overlooking the Harbour...
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good guy wrote:
Mug, every time. Except for expresso. Porcelain, stoneware, bone china, earthenware or good Uster delph - i dont care as long as it is a pleasure to hold and on the lip. I hate bad handles and thick, clumsy lips on mugs.
As for birds, ive had great crack the last few days watching 5 goldfinches on the nut feeder.

I have such a Collection of Assorted Mugs I could open my own Delph Shop... you could almost say I've one for every occasion...

Birds can be a great Therapy also...they remind me of Humans...always Bickering and Fighting...
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather Chuffed with myself again...had that feeling this Morning that has been missing a long long time now...the feeling that I was not going to let these Physical problems hold me back any longer ...at least for the next few hours.......

I badly wanted to lay that new Floor in the Wendy House...Denis was away Shopping and I had to figure out how I was going to manage 2 Sheets of 8ft x 4ft the 200 yds' from the Workshop to the Wendy House...time to have a solo C&C and work out something instead of waiting on Denis...{ got it Mr. Green }...pulled the Sheets outside the Workshop and screwed a Handle in the middle of the Sheet opposite to the side I was standing, slipping my Arm over the Sheet and grabbing the Handle I was able to lift the Sheet up that 1-2 inches off the Ground sufficient to carry the Sheet instead of trying to drag it behind me and the Walking Stick in the other hand was a perfect balance...only had to stop once to catch my Breath instead of every few yards pulling it behind me...

Had the Floor laid before Denis returned and his Greeting was "Ya Stubborn B****x ya couldn't wait"...nice to feel appreciated but I knew what he meant...finished the Floor and then got the 2 sides of the Fire Engine { from the Bed I had made for the Grandson...he got too big for it but I held onto the Material } screwed them onto the Walls and that instantly added a bit of Colour to the Playhouse...now if I can get the Lino it will finish it off...put a few Pictures on the Walls and ready to move into...

Just as I was putting the Tools away it began to Drizzle ...what timing....Whose a Happy Bunny... Very Happy ...
Margo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afti all jiggered again. Decided as it was such a lovely day to make a start in the garden.
Firstly cutting all the grass round the Polytunnel doors. Now I can open them completely to enable my wheelbarrow in and out.

Next dug a line in the Polytunnel which was enough for somebody that's waiting for knee replacement.

Then made a start emptying hanging baskets and replanting strawberries. Managed to do 1, only 9 more to do, but will have to wait for another day as I've had enough. In for a well deserved cuppa.
Good guy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJ, you are indomitable!
Sue Deacon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done GJ, excellent lateral thinking. But don't go overdoing it!

Managed to get a bit done myself today - great isn't it!

tagwex

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could have used a bit of rope or a strap. No need to screw a handle in. Up here for thinking, down there for dancing!!!!

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
Good guy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spent a few hours o Sunday and yesterday 'seeing to' the pond and its surrounds. I'd been putting it off for ages because the weather was nasty or I had a cold, or both! But I reckoned if I didn't get it done, there would be frogspawn to cope with and I didn't want that.
As soon as I approached the pond on Sunday I heard the splashes as at least three frogs submerged and today there were 6 or 8 of them. No frogspawn yet but I guess they will be partying soon.
Anyway, the whole thing is looking much better now. The only other big task in that area is to dig up two Libertia that have got too big and congested. I'm not looking forward to it.
I pruned most of my hydrangeas today, too, and cleared weeds from around their bases. It's lovely to see all the new growth starting.
tagwex

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made a start on cleaning the glass on the greenhouse. Got the outside finished. Inside tomorrow.

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
Ado 2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I power washed the path outside the back door. Cleaned up some of the pots and am starting on my greenhouse today. I also put some bulbs I had forgotten to plant into some pots too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 215, 216, 217 ... 229, 230, 231  Next
Page 216 of 231

Jump to: