Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News.

...What did you do Today...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 213, 214, 215 ... 229, 230, 231  Next  
Most Recent Posts Fountain
Last post: vulkan
The spout!!!
Last post: ponddigger
stream and pond on a sloped site
Last post: ponddigger
Colocasia Alocasia
Last post: vincent71

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Margo
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good guy wrote:
Maybe id better start checking before clicking, Margo! Perhaps everyone is holding their breath wsiting for Spring?

We've had 3 lovely days except today.Must have been nice as I was out gardening.
tagwex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you explain just how the ground moved for you GG, just for clarification purposes you understand. I have a picture in my head and it's not good!!

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up bright and early this Morning...plenty to do before Cork arrives at the end of the Month for the Mid- Term break...had to replace the Hand Rails and uprights surrounding the Platform on the Wendy House which were damaged during recent Storms...during the dismantling some of the old uprights were beginning to show signs of Rot {they had been recycled from previous Jobs}so rummaging through my supply of " Never throw that out, I could need it later" Timber I was pleasantly surprised to not only find sufficient Material for the Hand Rails but also a bundle of "Designer" Stair Spindled uprights...nothing is too good for the Grand Children, not that they will notice anyway...

With the Coffee Peculator on and Country Music blaring I was set up...working on the Bench it was easy-peasy and within 3 hrs I had both Rails finished and ready to erect...looking at the Timber strips either side of the Double Doors I was not happy with the look after putting up the Hand Rails so decided to replace them with "Sue's" Timber {had to get that one in Sue} so after cutting 50 @ 9" strips Sanded them down and proceeded the arduous Job of Nailing them all in place...3 pm finally finished...stepping back to look the work over I was chuffed with myself...suddenly the Adrenalin which had kept me going all Day decided to abruptly drop me like a Hot Potato....

Literally crawling around on my Knees I picked up my Tools and slowly made my way back to the Workshop every step pure agony {I kid you not} looking around at the Tools on the Work Bench and Sawdust all over the place I said to myself "Frig that" and for the 1st time ever left the Place in a mess and pulled the Door behind me...it won't be going anywhere but no doubt I'll kick myself in the Morning for having left it like a Pigsty...

Tomorrow I've to cut and prepare another 50 @ 4" and 6" Strips for inside the Playhouse to cover the Electrical Cables and fit another 2 Sheets of 3/4" Plywood Flooring but Denis will be there to give me a Hand and hopefully get an off-cut of Lino to add a bit of Colour...then put all the Furniture back...

I'm just going up for a long Hot Shower now and a well earned "Feet up" with a good DVD after Tea....................PS...that rotting Timber has now been cut up for Firewood...no waste...
Margo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You take it easy. I overdid it Monday and on Tuesday paid for it.
Actually your lucky weather wise, its grotty here with wind and rain all day.
Sue Deacon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, these days it's really a case of the spirit is willing, but the body is fxxxxd.

Take it easy GJ, we don't want any relapses!

I find an Epsom Salts bath with a few drops of frankincense or rosemary oil really soothing for the old bones and aching muscles.

My order from Beth Chatto came today Very Happy and I'm expecting a delivery of four different 'rowan' trees and some bamboo tomorrow. Luke called over today to get his 'to do' list. He is going to make a start next week. So all in all I'm a very happy bunny!

Geranimojess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Margo...but in all honesty would you stop and take it easy if you were told... you get to know a "Slogger" after a while and you fit that category, you ain't happy unless your Aches were honestly earned...

Anyway I had a lovely long Hot Shower and turned up the Water as Hot as I could bear and Arms against the Wall I just stood there and could almost feel the Aches going down the Plug Hole as the Water cascaded down my back...had the Bed Clothes changed this Morning so tonight I'm looking to getting in under the Eiderdown on cool Sheets and doing the Cross Words for an Hour or so

We did pretty well OK Weather-wise today...Denis and I had our usual C&C this Morning and he remarked how mild it was...he Weeded a few Beds as I Hammered away...had our Elevenses and another C&C...it was only when I was cleaning up around 3 pm that it began to Spit...it's Moggy now but nothing to write about...Happy enough with my Day.......here's to Tomorrow....
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sue Deacon wrote:
Yeh, these days it's really a case of the spirit is willing, but the body is fxxxxd.

Take it easy GJ, we don't want any relapses!

I find an Epsom Salts bath with a few drops of frankincense or rosemary oil really soothing for the old bones and aching muscles.

My order from Beth Chatto came today Very Happy and I'm expecting a delivery of four different 'rowan' trees and some bamboo tomorrow. Luke called over today to get his 'to do' list. He is going to make a start next week. So all in all I'm a very happy bunny!

We had {well I had} the Bath removed to facilitate Jean with an Invalid Walk-in Shower She was not a Happy Bunny...She cannot even walk up the Stairs so how is She going to swing Her Leg into the Bath...when I'm really bad I go to the Sea Weed Baths in Strandhill...haven't tried the one's in Bundoran yet...I'm really dreading the Day when I have to get someone in to do the Garden for me..............as a last resort I would seriously consider Selling up and moving to a Cottage with a small Mow-able Lawn...no more Housing Estates for me....
Sue Deacon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's one in Bundoran - where?

Luke doesn't do the garden FOR me, he 'just' does all the heavy digging/sawing/lifting and in a fraction of the time it takes me! He is also going to help Dave build my new shed.

Geranimojess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sue Deacon wrote:
There's one in Bundoran - where?

Luke doesn't do the garden FOR me, he 'just' does all the heavy digging/sawing/lifting and in a fraction of the time it takes me! He is also going to help Dave build my new shed.

Down at the side of the Swimming Pool...last year {or the year before} they were giving away the Sea Weed if you had your own Trailer...great for the Garden so I'm told............I built my own 2 Sheds single handed...from the 1st Nail / Screw to the last one even to supporting the sides as I propped them in place...great feeling to see your efforts at the end of the Day and hopped up onto the Roof to lay the 8' x 4' Sheeting...that was when I'd Bull my way through anything, now I couldn't even sweet-talk my way through anything...

Doing heavy work was my favorite past-time...didn't have the Brains or Patience for a "Professional Look Garden" mostly Bulbs and established Plants cause' they needed little or no looking after but I was happy with my lot...
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never Slept a wink last Night...went up at 9.15 pm and did the Crosswords for 2 hrs...got that Salty Eyes feeling and decided to call it a Day, tossed and turned for another 2 hrs...heard every News Bulletin on the Hr' til' I decided to get up at 5 am...got Dressed and made my way downstairs and let the Dog out for his Constitutional...had Breakfast and answered a few E-Mails...took a walk outside... Thank God for the Garden Lights for it was pitch Black...

Have to do a few Errands this Morning but unlike Dublin these places don't open til' 10 am so 1/2 a Day lost before I even begin the 1st Port of call...it's Moggy here again on the Borders of "Sligo-Leitrim-Donegal -Fermanagh" all within a few Minutes of the House.......12.40pm....I was getting to the Stage where I was beginning to put everything and anything down here just to pass the time Thankfully Denis dropped over and we headed off on our Errands... just back and I had to turn around and go back up to Bundoran to collect the Domestic who comes to help Jean...She had been down earlier and was unable to get in... Miss Daisy never heard her at the Door and I had left my Mobile at home charging so She was unable to contact me....whoever said Retirement is boring...

It's overcast now but it ain't raining but we are due heavy downpours this Afternoon and by then it won't be worth my while doing anything...roll on tomorrow....might be different...
Sue Deacon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, third time lucky ...... I was going to answer your post last night when my kindle froze. This morning Dave got it working again (doesn't know how or what was wrong). I have just finished working on an illustration (basically just had enough of it!) and thought I'd try again. Damn thing has frozen again!!! Back to the old 'pooter.

I really sympathise with you over your lack of sleep. I had another rotten night with my neck and shoulder and have had the salty eyed feeling all day. I can sleep, but not for long and not very well - feel like the walking dead today and EVERYTHING is irritating me.

Dave tells me he's 'fixed' the kindle again (turned it off and on Rolling Eyes ) The way I'm feeling right now If I tried to 'fix' anything it would probably end it's days in bits in the bog at the back of the house.

He is making the tea today, bless him. We are having lamb stew. He's just asked me if I want 'a cup of tea, coffee ..... glass of wine?' I said 'wine and bring a straw!' Laughing

Joking aside, Lidl is doing a very nice Shiraz at the moment - gives the more expensive big names a run for their money!

On a happier note - my trees and bamboo were delivered today and they are even better than I remembered them. The bamboos are like two tiny jungles in a pot.

We now have quite a collection of plants, timber, drains, stone and kerbs. I just want a couple of good nights sleep and some better weather and I'm good to go. Smile

tagwex

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever get that storm damaged tree under control?

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
Sue Deacon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet! Luke's reaction when he saw it was JEEEZEUS! I think that just about sums it up. I'm hoping the guys can make it this weekend. If not I'll need to start looking for someone else.
Margo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel quite bug..red as had the hospital first and then went shopping.
Do you know what really makes me angry. Now the farce of Valentines day is over Aldi are selling off their valentine roses for 10 cheaper than 2 days ago. Just shows what a con it is
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sue Deacon wrote:

Joking aside, Lidl is doing a very nice Shiraz at the moment . Smile

I knew "Shiraz" was a City in Iran but couldn't figure the connection til' I Googled it and discovered you were talking about Wine...not being partial to a sip I was completely put off the Track......I was in Lidl this Morning but my purchase was more in the line of Cutting Blades for my Circular and Rip Saws...9 each as against 46 in BMG ...OK the quality is not the same but I get the same result in the end and the amount of times I'd use it wouldn't justify the expensive one...besides I purchased them before and more than got my Money's worth 2 years +...and a Twin Secateur for 5...

Hope all your Gardening plans eventually sort themselves out, I was always impressed with your private Haven and followed your progress from Day 1 because you included a Water feature and the Pagoda "Tranquility" in a word...

There were several other comments you made and I wanted to reply to them but for the life of me I cannot remember them and if I leave this to go back over to your reply I'll lose this and I couldn't face having to begin over again so I'll carry on later...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 213, 214, 215 ... 229, 230, 231  Next
Page 214 of 231

Jump to: