Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News.

...What did you do Today...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 229, 230, 231  Next  
Most Recent Posts Fountain
Last post: vulkan
The spout!!!
Last post: ponddigger
stream and pond on a sloped site
Last post: ponddigger
Colocasia Alocasia
Last post: vincent71

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
tagwex
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You have described the better half to a tee and she is only just over the half century, God help me when she see's 90 Embarassed

Maybe it's catching?

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
tagwex

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Haven't got the time to be any of those...I'm tooooo busy enjoying Life... you ought' to try it sometime it's Brilliant... Wink

I am in lifes departure lounge, much more fun being a miserable old grouch!
If I am Waldorf then you must be Sadler.

AJ
Rank attained: Ash Tree

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, got those gates hung, whilst I had a kango decided to break up a slab of concrete that was an eyesore, spent the whole afternoon and early evening on it, hard going, hardest concrete I ever broke up. Raining this morning, water butts overflowing at long last. On with the waterproofs, back to work next week, so as usual, a lot to do, so little time to do it.
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="tagwex"]
Quote:

If I am Waldorf then you must be Sadler.

No doubt you can enlighten me on what you mean by the above... Confused
tagwex

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must correct myself first, it should be Waldorf and Statler.
You muppet Geranimojess. Try google, it has answers to most things!

Geranimojess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tagwex wrote:
I must correct myself first, it should be Waldorf and Statler.
You muppet Geranimojess. Try google, it has answers to most things!

Only one Muppet here and it ain't me....Since your the Master of words I assumed you had discovered a new one... or you developed a love for Cricket...Googles only response was "Sadler...An English Cricketer from the 1790's who is recorded in a game in 1793 as not having been Bowled out yet never actually made any runs...Yawnnnn...wake me up when it's over...

There is also a vast difference between "Sadler" and "Statler" even allowing for the customary "Slip" of the finger...and Pray tell me what the "Waldorf" and "Statler" have in common...
tagwex

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaaaaaaysus have we found something that we agree on? Cricket is a yawn fest?
No slip of the finger, I always thought it was Sadler until I checked it out.
Waldorf and Statler, it's you and me, seperated at birth!
Look them up on you tube or google or ask anyone who has been alive for the last 40 years.

Geranimojess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tagwex wrote:

Waldorf and Statler, it's you and me, seperated at birth!

NEVER IN A TRILLION YEARS...your ooofffff your Head if you think we both came from the same Loins...{Jackie Gleeson in the Film "Smokey and the Bandit" when admonishing his rather stupid Son...."When we get home Son remind me to give your Mama a kick in the Butt"...But why Papa...To think that you came out of my Loins".....If my Parents were alive I'd be kickin' 2 Butts...
Good guy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's get back on topic, why don't we?
Seasonal tasks for me, today: my snap peas were coming down with powdery mildew and have all but finished producing, anyway, so I picked any that were worth using and consigned the vines to the compost bin. Next, my first leaf sweep of the season, but not the last, more's the pity.
AJ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No garden work yesterday, starting painting a house, so that's the Saturday job for the next 4 weeks weather permitting. Today is the last day of my hols, all about R&R today. Think I'll head for the local watering hole this afternoon to watch the match, Downton Abbey, starting this eve, a real sign, winter is on the way.
Good guy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it was so cold last night, I thought a frost might finish off my beans and courgettes. So I picked everything worth picking and made a big pot of ratatouille for freezing. Though I say it myself, it tastes damn good!
I took advantage of the water butt being empty to connect up another one, so now I can store 420 litres straight off the roof. Maybe during the winter I'll get an ibc tank sorted, up in the veg garden, together with a pump.
The sweetpeas are still flowering so I cut some and they are scenting the whole bedroom as well as looking so pretty. Also cut a couple of flower heads from a lace cap hydrangea, for the house. I float them in a spherical vase (like a fish bowl). It stops all the little bits falling off the flowers and making a mess and it shows them off very well, too. I saw it done in a hotel foyer once and thought it a good idea.
Mz_G
Rank attained: Hazel Tree
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I planted loads of spring bulbs this week. tulips, anemones, crocus. Oh and I think my compost is finally usable! There are still a few rocks in it but the worst is sorted.
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just back from Cork after spending almost 2 Weeks Baby/House minding while the Parents earned a well earned Holiday in the US...while everything went well it was nice to get back to our own Abode and mellow ...
The Day before departing to Cork I spent Mowing-Weeding-Strimming and left knowing the growing Season was nearing it's end and I would not be faced with a Jungle on my return...how's about a 1/2 a Jungle...the Grass is still growing...the Hedge has gone rampant and the Healthiest Weeds in the Country...as I'm still in "Cork" mode it will all have to wait til' the "Sligo" mode kicks in and according to the Weather predictions it may not be anytime soon...
Still on the good News end the Climbers I planted during the Summer against the Lean-to are surging up the Pillars very rapid and more Wire netting will have to be put in place to give added support...the Begonias are still giving great Colour and and several Roses are doing their best to go out with all Colours Blazing...The "Wendy House" Days are numbered and barring a Thunder Storm it comes down tomorrow and the new Base Frame which is already made up will be put into place, the Timber I'll be collecting in Dublin after dismantling the old Workshop will be recycled and will save me 100's of coupled with the Windows I got from my Neighbour Jim my costs to erect this new Building will be minimal...
It's Windy and cold here in the N/W and the Fires have been lit for the 1st time in quite a while...the Dog is snuggled up beside me and snoring his Head off... anyway nuff' said for now ...have a few DVD's so I might join the Mutt and get into my own comfy' Chair and relax for the 1st time in 2 Weeks......Cheers...
Good guy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Geronimojess. Good to be home, isn't it? And while it must have been lovely, looking after the grandchildren, I'm sure the rest is very welcome at this stage! I was away for a week in Andalucia visiting beautiful gardens and seeing some fascinating architecture and great scenery, but it's good to be home again and in the midst of my family. (I'll post some pics of gardens seen, another time.)
There's a real change in the weather here, too, and the stove is alight beside me as I write. I gave the lawn what is probably its second last cut yesterday and harvested a few courgettes and runner beans. I doubt if I'll get much more off them. However, some of the winter veg are coming on nicely and I've some calabrese just right for picking.
Yesterday I went with a group from An Taisce to plant native trees and bluebells on Rough Island in Mulroy Bay. Until recenlty it was planted in Sitka spruce but now that has been clear-felled so it's a good opportunity to put things back the way they once were. It will be interesting to see how the tree cover develops.
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In our younger years we took looking after our Children in our stride...nowadays it takes all our time and effort just to keep up with them...every Evening when they retired we were still listening for the slightest movement and if we didn't hear any we were worrying if they were OK...you just cant win...

Hope you enjoyed your Break and I'm looking forward to the Pictures anything to cheer us up on this miserable Evening...funny how quickly we seem to forget the Drought we had a short while ago and the Glorious Evenings and the Sunsets... anyway hopefully tomorrow Morning I'll start back on my walks {had none in Cork and I can feel it }and get back into my routine...it's the longest we have been away from home and not something I'd fancy on a regular basis...could not even get away to Mow the Cork Lawn which would have relaxed me...

Now with the short Evenings back with a Bang I suppose we will have an influx of new Topics and Quips to occupy us til' the Spring...no Hibernating for us...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 229, 230, 231  Next
Page 49 of 231

Jump to: