Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News.

Michael Brenock

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
Most Recent Posts GRAVEL DRIVE CARE
Last post: I love Trees!!!
Is this Spiraea japonica
Last post: Greengage
Beech Head leaf browning issue
Small lawn advice please

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Sive
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure people can be called voyeurs if they don't post or participate. They may well feel they are not expert enough in anything to be able to contribute. There are certainly lots of areas I never get involved in because I have no experience of them. Everyone is different.
Mixson1
Rank attained: Hazel Tree
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, on behalf of the Brenock family, I would like to thank you all for your kind words on Michael's untimely passing. Especially your letter recently sent by Sive.

We are lucky to have Dad's interactions with your forum documented over past few years. The posts provide us with a lovely resource.

Indeed each entry evokes an image of Dad hunched over the PC by the window. His index finger slowly prodding the keyboard to deliver his usual considered, expert and usually practical response.
Reading the posts we can hear him, as the words are his own.

We were aware of, though not familiar with Dad's dealings with the forum. We frequently joked at his choice of username.
The forum played an important part of his day. As a qualified expert in his field (sorry), he enjoyed the questions, tackled them with relish and smiled knowingly at a positive response.

So thank you again from us all, wishing you good people a blooming and bountiful season! Slan
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Dad was an Inspiration to a lot of us here in IG...his quiet non Intrusive advice was always given when we Novices hit a Wall...he will be missed here... though I'd hazard a guess that he is now busily employed giving that famous advice to the Novices in the Sky Garden...Thanks Michael...
tagwex

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can do is second everything Geranimojess said. Well said, both of you.

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
Greengage

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a regular contributor to this forum, i would like to send my best wishes to you and your family, Your dad was a fountain of information gathered from many years of work within the horticulture industry, He also contributed a lot to GIY Ireland another site I would have visited, In this virtual world of the internet where we dont know each other personally but feel as if we have friends out there somewhere with a keen interest in horticulture and a desire to help others or point them in the right direction, your dad was an important member of our community whose advice was always sought and much appreciated, Ar dheis D go raibh a anam.
Sive

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so pleased the card reached Michael's family safely and how very kind and thoughtful of Mixson 1 to take the trouble to acknowledge it and to to write so beautifully about Michael. I think we all appreciate that very much......and it reminds us that even in a virtual world there is nothing more important than a real, meaningful and human connection.
Good night all.
mcgrueser
Rank attained: Rowan Tree
Rank attained: Rowan Tree

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm shocked. I haven't been logged on in a little while and I've just read through this thread. I'll miss Michael, his words of advice, his professionalism and his inspiration. RIP. Condolences to you Mixson 1 and all Michael's extended family and friends.

This forum has lost a legend. He was my favourite contributor. I always felt like I was a student and he was the teacher. If I asked a question I'd hope he would come back with an answer for me... but my best kick came when he once said I'd asked a good question. I was chuffed with myself!

We'll miss you Michael. You made all our gardens a better place...
Liz D
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sincere and deepest condolences to Michael's family.

I too haven't been on the forum for over 8 months now given my exhaustion from pregnancy so I was not aware. In my early gardening days a few years ago I was surprised that someone so knowledgeable and experienced was bothered replying to my basic questions and he was so kind and generous in doing so.

Rest in peace.
Her Outdoors
Rank attained: Ash Tree
Rank attained: Ash Tree

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to read this sad news of Michaels passing. I haven't been on for a while, a few ups & downs this year. However, back out in the garden again and was just thinking about the forum yesterday whilst doing some planting and Michael actually crossed my mind. I bought his book which I find a "must have" for Irish gardeners. Sincere condolences to all the family. Well done Sive for taking the time to contact the family. RIP Michael.
member11809

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sive wrote:
I wrote a card of sympathy to Michael Brenock's family on behalf of the site members....it is in the post today.
I have explained how they can access the forum, Michael's posts and more pertinently this thread. So if anyone wants to add any more thoughts about Michael in case his family does read them, now is the time to do so.
Thanks for doing that on behalf of everyone. I join with condolences to Michael's family. I only found out about his death this evening. RIP Michael
member11809

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tagwex wrote:
852 views and only 13 posts of condolence, that is really disappointing for a man that helped so many with his deep horticultural knowledge. I do realise that a lot of people have left the forum for whatever reason and don't contribute anymore but still........ 13?
14 now....I only found out this evening
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: