Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search
   
Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Perennials, Ferns and Ornamental grasses

Please idebtify these flowers


 
Most Recent Posts Happy Christmas
Last post: Margo
Pisonous plant in the garden this month
Last post: Sue Deacon
Quiet times
Last post: Sue Deacon
Honeymoon Honesty
Last post: Greengage
 
Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Author Message
member11809
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Please idebtify these flowers Reply with quote

Can someone please tell me what flowers these are . I grew last year from seed someone gave me. Must be perennial as they are about to bud, looks like yellow bud
Sorry uploaded the pic twice



whatflower.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  79.67 KB
 Viewed:  7931 Time(s)

whatflower.jpg



whatflower.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  79.67 KB
 Viewed:  7931 Time(s)

whatflower.jpg


Back to top
Greengage
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood


Joined: 09 Nov 2011
Posts: 2945
Location: Kildare

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the could be wallflowers or valerian but valerian is not yellow only red or white, take a pic further back plz.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Margo
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood


Joined: 11 Oct 2010
Posts: 1911
Location: Summerhill Mayo Ireland

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there antirirhineums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
member11809
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greengage wrote:
the could be wallflowers or valerian but valerian is not yellow only red or white, take a pic further back plz.
not valerian and not wall flower . i think the name had two words...night may be one
Back to top
Greengage
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood


Joined: 09 Nov 2011
Posts: 2945
Location: Kildare

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah AH why didnt you say Night scented stock.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
member11809
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greengage wrote:
Ah AH why didnt you say Night scented stock.
i don't think thats it
Back to top
Margo
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood


Joined: 11 Oct 2010
Posts: 1911
Location: Summerhill Mayo Ireland

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say it was 2 words. It wasn't snap dragons was it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
member11809
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margo wrote:
You say it was 2 words. It wasn't snap dragons was it.
YES!! thank you it was driving me mad trying to remember
They are annuals? I planted them outside during heatwave last summer and now they seem ready to flower. Anyway that is what they are
Back to top
Margo
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood


Joined: 11 Oct 2010
Posts: 1911
Location: Summerhill Mayo Ireland

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

member11809 wrote:
Margo wrote:
You say it was 2 words. It wasn't snap dragons was it.
YES!! thank you it was driving me mad trying to remember
They are annuals? I planted them outside during heatwave last summer and now they seem ready to flower. Anyway that is what they are


Snap dragons are the common name for antirrhinums. If you plant them out when fear of frost is gone you should have a lovely show in the summer. The bees love them.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=antirrhinum&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=UUxKU-y_Daye7AbYyoFg&sqi=2&ved=0CCsQsAQ&biw=1093&bih=518
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
member11809
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margo wrote:
member11809 wrote:
Margo wrote:
You say it was 2 words. It wasn't snap dragons was it.
YES!! thank you it was driving me mad trying to remember
They are annuals? I planted them outside during heatwave last summer and now they seem ready to flower. Anyway that is what they are


Snap dragons are the common name for antirrhinums. If you plant them out when fear of frost is gone you should have a lovely show in the summer. The bees love them.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=antirrhinum&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=UUxKU-y_Daye7AbYyoFg&sqi=2&ved=0CCsQsAQ&biw=1093&bih=518
They are out all winter in a tray, I planted them and forgot about them
Back to top
Margo
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood


Joined: 11 Oct 2010
Posts: 1911
Location: Summerhill Mayo Ireland

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they've been out all winter they will be OK to plant out. They should do well as they are more advanced than if you've sown them by seed. I'd get them out now where you want them to flower. I'd put some slug killer round them as slugs love them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Greengage
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood


Joined: 09 Nov 2011
Posts: 2945
Location: Kildare

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres no "nigh"t in Snap dragon??????????? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
member11809
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greengage wrote:
Theres no "nigh"t in Snap dragon??????????? Laughing
OOPS Very Happy !!! Sorry
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Perennials, Ferns and Ornamental grasses All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Privacy Policy | Copyright © 2006 - 2017 IrishGardeners.com (part of GardenPlansIreland.com)