Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News.

...What did you do Today...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 229, 230, 231  Next  
Most Recent Posts Sea-buckthorn Hippophae rhamnoides
Last post: spiracles
stone work in gardens
Last post: ponddigger
Ponddigger breaks the rules and LIES
Last post: ponddigger
Introduction
Last post: Margo

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
ormondsview
Rank attained: Silver Birch Tree
Rank attained: Silver Birch Tree

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: volunteer and learn Reply with quote

A suggestion about building polytunnel is to maybe offer skills on site to someone willing to offer space and get the best out of two good things to do. Alternatively at this time of year are several chances to do outreach in the far away places where elderly don't have wood for the winter and could do with a bit of muscle getting it in. On the same theme:
checking in on elderly who are cat hoarders who need to get the breeders out to the animal people
Geranimojess
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a successful Day Hunting a Native American would say " Today was a good Day "...likewise with myself " Today was a good Day "...the Weather held and I was able to get a lot done...from Mowing 2 Lawns and 2 outer Banks...trimming back a few Shrubs...Weeding and at the end of a long Day I also managed to strip down 2 Mowers,clean them and sharpen their Blades.

Also Sketched out plans for a wrap round Verandah on an existing Shed and made out the Timber requirements...just have to get the few then I've another few Days work to keep me busy...tomorrow { Weather permitting } I'll mark out a Bed in front of the Lean-to and maybe plant a few Autumn/Winter colours just to carry me through to Spring...I'm sure George is wondering why I haven't been up to him in a long while...plus I'll invade his knowledge for a few ideas...

Nothing much else happened but I'm a lot happier tonight with my lot...I'm aching all over...but knowing the reason why makes it all worthwhile...
tagwex

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Native American quotes now is it? Maybe the name should be GERONIMOJESS!

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Native American Studies are another of my Hobbies...when I tried to use "Ger"O"nimo" as a Username it was already in use...then I tried "Ger"A"nimo" and that was also in use...Then my Daughter suggested "GeranimoJess"...Jess being our Grandaughters Name...hence my Username...
tagwex

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that has solved a mystery that was annoying me for a while, just couldn't make sense out of the username at all and couldn't decide whether to ask or not.
We were picking spuds all day - saving the crop.

Geranimojess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tagwex wrote:

We were picking spuds all day - saving the crop.

We pick our Spuds in the local Supervalue...less Backbending and cleaner Finger Nails... Very Happy
tagwex

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But when you start up your mens shed and start growing your own then you will never go back. My back can be, and is, being massaged by my lovely lady with oils and as for the hands - see my avatar.

Geranimojess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lashing Rain...Cold...Miserable Weather...a big change from Yesterday when there wasn't enough Hours in the Day to do all that had to be done...now I've all the Hours in this Day and cant do a thing...Life can be a Bitch...

Looking out the Window across to my Neighbour Denis {another Dub'}who is also into Gardening I can see him standing inside his Patio Door looking rather depressed...he usually drops over for a Coffee and a Chat but neither of us are in any humour this Morning for that...

Not a break in the Sky...cant even see the Bay nor the Mountains front or back... Postman just came...2 Bills...Dog Licence and House Rates {7 easy steps to pay} someone has a warped sense of humour...&^%$*%&$...X-Rated...

Sun has just appeared...those Bills have just paled into Insignificance...well at least for the time being...hope its better wherever you are... Crying or Very sad
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tagwex wrote:
. My back is, being massaged by my lovely lady with oils .

Whatever gives you your kicks....ain't it great the way one can distort Quotes to give the wrong impressions.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
tagwex

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah just great. I can do it too......
Postman just came...2 Bills...Dog Licence and House Rates {I must go and pay those now}

Absolutely teeming down here. As stated previously we dug up the spuds yesterday and as a result the drills are now gone so the water is not being channelled down the hill - the whole place is now a soggy quagmire with water pooling everywhere. Where is my ark?

PS: the massage worked wonders.

Geranimojess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What part of Wexford are you in...I lived in Gorey for 5yrs...loved every minute of it.
tagwex

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh yes the Dubs invasion of Gorey, or D26 as some around here call it. Every second house had the Dubs in them every weekend, every long weekend, every half term, every end of term, every summer holiday, every Christmas and every retiree had a holiday home here, if not that it was a caravan. Had ye no sun of your own up there!!!!!
As a young lad I always thought it was somewhere to hide when Sam wasn't in the county (usually from June onwards!)
At a guess you were up around Sive's area, reading between the lines I think she is up that end of the county on the slopes of a hill, Tara, maybe.
As for us we are down the bogs eking out grub from the ground for the winter months.
PS. I like Dubs really, not all but some. Sent you a PM.

Keith g
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Got in some organic weed killer to give if a try if the rain will ever go away soon ...
Maybe it will work too Smile

Keith..

Geranimojess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change of plan...its toooooo Wet and Windy to go Shopping...even had to put on the Stove Wood burner for the 1st time in ages...YUP the cold Weather has hit the N/W with a Vengeance...Tomorrow I bet the Temperature rises again...

I was transferred in my Job to Arklow but decided to put down Stakes in Gorey where we knew Friends.I only knew one other Dub' in Gorey who lived there full time and worked alongside...

5yrs later I was transferred again to Cork and remained there for another 5yrs before returning to Dublin, retiring in 2004... in 2006 we Emigrated to Sligo.

We still keep in touch with Gorey and occasionally visit...its come on a lot since we were there...all for the better...great Memories...Beaches...Scenery...and People...never met a Wexford person I didn't like...maybe I was Lucky...
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Keith g wrote:
Got in some organic weed killer to give if a try if the rain will ever go away soon ...
Maybe it will work too Smile

Keith..

I tried it also but every time it rained within Hours so I cannot say if its a success but the Areas have a slower growth so maybe there is hope when we get a dry spell...if ever...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 229, 230, 231  Next
Page 5 of 231

Jump to: