Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Plant Propagation, increasing your stock of plants in Ireland.

Plants from seed of sun-dried goji berries. Possible?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  
Most Recent Posts Speedwell in Lawn?
Last post: tagwex
Portuguese laurel propagation
Last post: john32c
Think I planted potentially damaging trees near septic tank
Last post: tagwex
Tress require pruning
Last post: kindredspirit

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
ormondsview
Rank attained: Silver Birch Tree
Rank attained: Silver Birch Tree

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Success at last with goji seed Reply with quote

Have put the goji seeds on a heater to warm the soil. Unfortunately, I didn't take them out of their pods, and I got mildew from dampness. So started again and left them in natural light by an electric heater and have one sprouting. But the mildew or furry mold is on top of the soil. I wonder if once the seeds are infected, whether they will just stop growing or should I repot with clean soil? Have put them in direct sun like yourself and I have some germination taking place. How would you rate these plants on a scale of hardy 1-10 once they are established with woody stems. They remind me of the oleander plant which is 10- take a cutting and it's sprouting in just water overnight. Also, there are some plants that if you have grown them from seed, simply don't bear fruit - ever. I may be wrong here, but we're sold a lot of genetically modified nursery stock in Canada and America which never grows true or will not self seed. That's why I'm used to imagining there may be problems with fruit.
scotty
Rank attained: Hazel Tree
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very interested in how the goji berry bushes survived being transplanted out and when do you expect them to produce some berries?
ian
Rank attained: Ash Tree
Rank attained: Ash Tree

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you know if the berries used to grow these plants are from hybridised source?
56K Natas
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you grow goji berries out side in this country ?????
Herself insisted on growing them in the tunnel and they really have to go as they seem to be sprouting a few inches a day and with the space we have given them I'd say we will be lucky to get about 9 berries off them lol.
So they really have to go outside if the will survive our winters.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Plant Propagation, increasing your stock of plants in Ireland. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: