Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Garden Photo gallery & Plant Identification area

Images / pictures from Bloom 07 in the Phoenix park Dubin

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Most Recent Posts funny
Last post: tagwex
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: Ado 2
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Greengage

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
foamcutter
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Images / pictures from Bloom 07 in the Phoenix park Dubin Reply with quote

Moderator edit...... For Bloom 08 pictures and comment, please visit click here Bloom 08 comments and pictures.

Images / pictures from Bloom 07 in the Phoenix park Dubin

Visited the event on Saturday, luckily the weather stayed dry so we got to see the whole lot. Great event ............... but they need more seating areas.

James Kilkelly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: Some images from Bloom 07 Reply with quote

foamcutter wrote:
Visited the event on Saturday, luckily the weather stayed dry so we got to see the whole lot. Great event ............... but they need more seating areas.

Looks like quite a good show if that is just a snapshot, foamcutter.
Do you mean seating was required at the talks and exibits, or seating in general for folks to rest?

http://www.allotments.ie/ Ireland's allotments.
On Twitter... http://twitter.com/Allotments

Garden Consultation & Design.

Try my Garden Design home study course!
foamcutter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you mean seating was required at the talks and exibits, or seating in general for folks to rest?

GPI, they did have an area, in one of the pavilions, where someone was giving a talk about different plants with TV screens so that people could see the plants in question. All the seats were taken with people sitting on the floor.
Their was a picnic area with seating but they could have done with a lot more general seating for people to rest, the area of the show is quite large so to cover everything you had a lot of walking to do. The age profile of the crowd was quite high so I'm sure that they were feeling tired as we were.
Speaking with some of the exhibitors and designers the consensus was that it was a successful show, particularly as it was the first ever event. I'm sure that their will be things that they can improve on for next year.
The photo's are just a brief snapshot, their were exterior exhibitors showing sculptures, stonework, BBQ's and a sensory garden, to name some. The kids were also well catered for with a maze and a treasure hunt / quiz. plus grown up Kellogg's characters walking through the grounds.
All in all a good day out for the family. I feel sorry for those that went on Sunday as it looked like it lashed rain most of the day.

Last edited by foamcutter on Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
shefra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went on friday, I do agree with foamcutter re seating, the overall area was very big, but very impressive even my teenage son was impressed! I was very disappointed with 'farmers market' only one stall sold organic products, some nice cheeses but couldnt lug around in the heat. Foamcutter did you see the vegetable garden? I was very impressed with it. Got some pics will submit when I figure out how to! We took bus to park, very badly signposted as we couldnt find stop for shuttle bus, ended up walking that straight, loooong road, sweating and exaughted by time we got to bloom. Now I understand the word 'culchie', ha ha.... Embarassed Overall a very enjoyable day once we recovered.
shefra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks for ticket GPI, it was a very enjoyable experience.
foamcutter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
did you see the vegetable garden?

To be honest l can't remember, we weren't looking out for it. They did have an area where you could buy a whole range of home made and home grown foods but it was tucked away at the back, it could have been in a more prominent position.

The bloom website was recommending that people used public transport, but we came by car and parked a short distance from the entrance to the event in the Phoenix Park and got in and out with no trouble at all.

Shafra,
listening to the weather forecast last week it looked like Sunday & Monday were going to be the best days. You got a scorcher on Friday though, you were probably roasted after all that walking but better than getting soaked.
shefra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya thats where we went at the back, they had cheeses, preserves, sausages/rashers all very similar, all the hot food was canapes not my cupa tea, very dissapointing. oddly enough we did'nt get scorched at all, had lightweight clothes, just needed a second wind when we got there. We stayed the nite so that was a help.We hailed the first taxi we saw to get us back to town. We decided on friday cos it was the longest opening of the w/end. Must say it has great potential, maybe a better layout next time, a bit scattered, lot of walking, nd more seats. Wish we had driven up, would have loved to buy some plants. Did you buy any?
James Kilkelly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shefra wrote:
even my teenage son was impressed! Got some pics will submit when I figure out how to!

Good to hear the teenager was impressed.
You never know the show may have awoken his interest in gardening, if he did not have one already.
Let me know if you need some help with those pics, shefra.

foamcutter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Did you buy any?

We were going to but we were to tired when it was time to go. I couldn't face the carry back to the car even though it was a fairly short distance.

GPI
You could put some more detailed info on posting pictures in your FAQ. It can be a little tricky.
James Kilkelly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

foamcutter wrote:

GPI
You could put some more detailed info on posting pictures in your FAQ. It can be a little tricky.

The FAQ (generic to the forum software) is not the place to go looking for info on how to post pics.
I have created a post especially for that, see here....... http://www.gardenplansireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32

shefra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for info, in the middle of getting quote for paving, hope I can afford it. Ya my son really enjyed Bloom, hope it will motivate him to get more creative n garden. Was thinking GPI, any chance of setting up a post what to do in the garden this week/month, especially for novices like myself. I realise now that in relation to thistles, brambles, rushes I should have started in Spring or even earlier.
James Kilkelly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shefra wrote:
Was thinking GPI, any chance of setting up a post what to do in the garden this week/month, especially for novices like myself. I realise now that in relation to thistles, brambles, rushes I should have started in Spring or even earlier.

Yes, I had started that particular topic last year.
I have listed two months work alright..... July and August.
Click them to see the tasks and tips for those months.
I will be putting the text for the other months together shortly.

shefra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An elderly man in town has a veg garden for years, said to dig up veg patch november and put manure and bog peat to settle over the winter, stuff like that I'd like to know in advance. Also how come in 'I want a garden' they can plant trees at any time of year? I know some are already mature, I thought the time for planting trees was november and spring,
verge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shefra wrote:
Also how come in 'I want a garden' they can plant trees at any time of year? I know some are already mature, I thought the time for planting trees was november and spring,

That show should be called "I WANT A GARDEN NOW WITH EVERYTHING MATURE".
Your right shefra, November is a good time for planting trees, but if the tree is container grown it can be planted at virtually anytime.

I feel this thread is starting to go off topic now as its title is Images / pictures from Bloom 07 in the Phoenix park Dubin, so lets keep it open for pictures and stories from the show. Feel free to add more pics as it will be be helpful for those who could not get there or those considering going next year.

Also feel free to open fresh threads for other queries and debates.

Benefited from us? Then link to us or tell others.

shefra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok verge got a little bit carrried away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Garden Photo gallery & Plant Identification area All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: