Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News.

What flower show are you visiting? Chelsea or Bloom 2007.

Most Recent Posts funny
Last post: Sue Deacon
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: Ado 2
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Greengage

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
foamcutter
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: What flower show are you visiting? Chelsea or Bloom 2007. Reply with quote

With both the Chelsea flower show and Bloom 2007 (at the Phoenix Park ) coming up very quickly (May & June respectively), I was wondering whether any people are intending on visiting a show around the country or further a field?

Bloom 2007 is a new show and l was wondering whether their is much interest in it?

Maybe this would be a good poll type situation ..................... if l could pose the right questions.

"Is bertie going to get back in.......... sorry wrong category Rolling Eyes

Moderator edit, Associated content.....

Pictures from bloom by members

Bloom 2008 info
Quincy
Rank attained: Hazel Tree
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Is bertie going to get back in.......... sorry wrong category

My lovely wife bought 2 friday tickets for the Chelsea Folwer Show for my birthday a few weeks back so we're heading over for that alright... looking forward to it. I hear the RHS have done some rearranging over there regarding the crowd management so hopefully it wont be a squash n squeeze like previous events.....

Q
foamcutter

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy the trip to Chelsea Quincy, after seeing some of the show on the BBC's excellent coverage, it looks like it will be an very interesting day.
MargeSimpson
Rank attained: Rowan Tree

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought tickets to go to Bloom07. I'll be in Dublin that weekend any way but I think I would have made the effort to go regardless. I saw a piece about it on TV last week and it looks like it will be a good show - not a half hearted attempt;
50+ exhibitors and garden displays.

I also wanted to go to Chelsea this year but with all the over crowding problems I decided to go to Tatton Pk instead. It's only about 5 miles from Manchester airport. I'm looking forward to that as its my first RHS show!
foamcutter

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to Bloom as well................... I hope the weather stays good and that the hype is true.

Tatton Park is a great location, on the outskirts of Manchester. Very easy to get to with good grounds.......... It wasn't built up around it 15 years ago but things may have changed. I doubt that they would have as it was a supposed to be a green belt area. Enjoy.
foamcutter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marge,

I was wondering what you thought of Tatton Park show?

Was it worth the visit or was it wash out with the very bad summer?
MargeSimpson

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
I was at the Tatton Pk show over the weekend. I will try and post some piccies tonight.

It was a bit of a wash out but no worse than Bloom 07. If you were at Bloom then Tatton was very similar. Plenty of mud, one bad shower Saturday afternoon, but no-one was deterred. Large numbers of elderly people going around with walking sticks, etc so I figured if they were that determined, I could be too.
We met a local back at the airport and he heard that a lot of parked cars got bogged down and the show was a bit of a disaster as far as that was concerned.

The show gardens were excellent and so too were the back to back gardens. The Tatton park pages on the BBC website have good piccies and garden plan illustrations. There were absolutely loads of vendor stands and the flower marquee was bursting with amazing displays.

People were going around with pack n'go trolleys full of plants that they had purchased. This frustrated me so much as I couldn't see me arriving at the airport security with an arm full of plants.
This was the only down side for me - as I was flying, purchasing items was not an option.

This was the first RHS show that I have attended in the UK, and in all honesty I think that Bloom 07 was almost on a par. There were more show gardens & vendors at Tatton but the quality of displays at each show were very similar. If Bloom becomes an annual event, I will become an annual attendee! At least I can buy to my hearts content.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: