Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News.

frosty morn

Most Recent Posts Dirty Joke.
Last post: Good guy
Planting ideas for a very shaded area
Last post: Good guy
Anybody know what this is
Last post: tagwex
Announcement: Free Bloom 2017 tickets for three lucky members.
Last post: James Kilkelly

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
ROXANNE
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject: frosty morn Reply with quote

They say dont cast a clout until march is out and going by the view from the bathroom window out over the garden thats about right,

It was so nice yesterday, that little mist and the birds all singing away
It looks like they're all having an extras 40 winks 7-30am and not a note tobe heard,

But im glad mother nature has given us this early start and we've got the gardening off to a start,

My first job is to have a look at the greenhouse and start to pot on the russian tomatoes,
They we're sown 2 weeks ago and thanks to the bottom heat of the warming cables they're about 3 inch high with 2 good common leaves so im going to re-pot into 3 inch clay pots,
Clay pots keep the warm in better than plastic,

These russian toms are the darker skinned type and sweet to taste,
If you've not tried these give them a go they dont suffer with rot and are pretty hardy ,
they do well outside later on (april here in france) i take the precaution of using the clear plastic bell over them of an evening until they've settled in.
They're also a good producer per plant.
I feed a fish based liquid feed as soon as the first flower appears and then its a weekly feed of the same.

Nothing like a nice home grown freshly picked tom,
the shop ones just dont have that taste infact i find them very watery.

Well have a nice day Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: