Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Introduce yourself to the rest of the Irish gardeners

Is this page still active? 08032017

Most Recent Posts What is this plant please
Last post: tagwex
How are your tomatoes doing? 2017
Last post: Sue Deacon
Dept of Ag pesticide approval.
Last post: Greengage
Quiet times
Last post: tagwex

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
ROXANNE
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Is this page still active? 08032017 Reply with quote

Hi
is this page dead or have i managed to get it wrong and come in on the wrong settings?

It's a good page and should be active every day/night
Lets hear what your doing (keep it clean) Laughing

At the minute and due to the weather being wet ive spent most of the day indoors
But roll on spring time and those warmer dryer days,
Those days when you dont want to be indoors but outside enjoying all spring has to offer,
We have asight here in france that has tobe seen to know what im talking about and it's all thanks to mother nature, its the sign spring is just around the corner and the sign is when all of a sudden out of the blue as they say that sound can be heard
Way up high and hidden in the clouds that sound is the grue (drakes) flying across the sky heading for their summer warmer weather and nesting grounds,
Its a sight i see twice a year once when they're leaving for their winter vaction and again when they return to let us humans know summers just around the corner "But what a sight and sound"
Well inspite of the rain they passed over head this morning and i'll be looking for the main flight of lots more from now on,
To see such a sight "they have a like arrowehead shape and then the leader drops down and ends up at the rear as a new leader takes over,

The deer in the fields very near to our home can be seen first thing in the morning and they make a like coughing sound as they walk through the nearby woods,

I feed the birds daily and they know when its feeding time, and ive seen the odd blue tit flying past with straw etc poking out the beak " lets hope the bird box's will be used this year Surprised

Well apart from seeing the rain the birds and the bread lady thats about all ive seen today
Oh and jeremy kyle on the tele and all those peopel wanting a DNA test??

how about you lot
anything happening in your garden? Laughing :

tagwex
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand the comment 'is this page still active.....". What were you trying to do?

I have a two bird boxes around the place too. 3 sections in one unit. One nest being built so far out of 6.

I occasionally see the geese going over. They winter on a wildfowl reserve about 15 miles away.

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
James Kilkelly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you are looking for this page, ROXANNE ...What did you do Today...

http://www.allotments.ie/ Ireland's allotments.
On Twitter... http://twitter.com/Allotments

Garden Consultation & Design.

Try my Garden Design home study course!
tagwex

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as you are back on the scene James can you answer this for me please.

http://www.gardenplansireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=57130#57130

Greengage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many good threads lost in that page. Dont go there. Crying or Very sad
ROXANNE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tagwex wrote:
I don't understand the comment 'is this page still active.....". What were you trying to do?

I have a two bird boxes around the place too. 3 sections in one unit. One nest being built so far out of 6.

I occasionally see the geese going over. They winter on a wildfowl reserve about 15 miles away.

Hi tagwex,
Nice to hear your into feeding the birds,
its a good thing to have them around as im sure you know "but the new to gardening may not " these little creatures both eat the bugs and can be very relaxing to those who due to health reasons spend a lot of time watching nature and all it has to offer,
An old lady who did live down the track from us was jewish and she spent time in the con/camps thanks to the Germans, she had the star of david on her lower arm, now we only have 6 properties in this hamlet and 4 of those lived in and the other 2 are now empty, the lady im talking about lived in last house down the track, she would drive past our place and her irish terrier would run behind her car until she came to our gates this was the point for her dog to jump into the car,
I got talking to her one day and from then on we became good friends until she died,
Just pre her death she gave me this nesting box she'd made, it's got a ridge roof tile for the roof and the rest is wood,
Ive had to cut down an old cherry tree and move this bird box to another fruit tree and this afternoon new residents have moved in,
All afternoon they've been rushing about with nest material.

Icouldnt help but think i hope she's seeing whats going on !!!!! Very Happy
After the life she once had to live with "all thanks to man" im sure she'll feel good knowing her little bird box is still giving a home to some little bird family. Smile

tagwex

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made mine from roof slates and cedar boards. Must put a photo up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Introduce yourself to the rest of the Irish gardeners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: