Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irish Wildlife, Irish Wild flowers and nature gardening.

Beautiful Red Squirrel in my garden

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  
Most Recent Posts Is this Spiraea japonica
Last post: Greengage
Beech Head leaf browning issue
Small lawn advice please
Whats this.
Last post: Silver surfer

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Good guy
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ingenious, and it wouldn't matter if the odd rat got caught, but what about hedgehogs, foxes, badgers, etc. Badgers prob too big.
Ado 2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone ever watch Living the Wild Life ? Last years series he did a lovely programme on the pine martens and squirrels. The pine martens were living in someone's attic in Connemara. Look it up
tagwex

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LATEST E-MAIL FROM BIODIVERSITY.....

Dear Recorder,

Thank you for taking the time to record and submit your sightings of invasive species over 2016. These records contribute to our knowledge of their distribution and level of invasion. It can indicate trends in introductions and ‘hotspots’ and help inform policy and action on invasive species. Verified record data is also periodically copied to the Local Authorities and other information networks to assist in tackling the threat of these species.

46 different species were recorded (26 plants and 18 animals) in 2016 and the top 5 most commonly recorded were all plants: Japanese knotweed, Giant hogweed, Himalayan balsam, Himalayan knotweed and Winter heliotrope. New sightings for five European regulated invasive species were also submitted including the aquatic plants: New Zealand pigmyweed (Crassula helmsii), African curly waterweed (Lagarosiphon major), Parrot’s feather (Myriophyllum aquaticum) and two animals: Coypu (Myocastor coypus) and Pond slider/turtle (Trachemys scripta). Rapid response action to eradicate African curly waterweed and Coypu at two recorded sites was initiated in 2016.
You can now view all verified records on Biodiversity Maps. You can also view and query your own records submitted through the online recording form or Biodiversity Data Capture App http://records.biodiversityireland.ie/data_analysis/record_map.php?mode=vmr.

All the very best for 2017!

Colette

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irish Wildlife, Irish Wild flowers and nature gardening. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: