Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News.

Late flowers

Most Recent Posts Garlic problem
Last post: Greengage
funny
Last post: ponddigger
Introduce yoursellf to whom.......................
Last post: Keeks
I'm new here
Last post: tagwex

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Margo
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Late flowers Reply with quote

Had a little amble round the garden this afternoon and couldn't believe some of the flowers that are still out. I've got yellow gladioli, carnations and roses. Several Polyanthus in full bloom and even my primroses are out. I'd got several bulbs still to plant (I know I'm very late) and on planting them in some tubs I noticed all the Gypsophila shooting. I expect we'll have a really cold spell which will knock them all back but its lovely to see flowers at this time of year.
Sive

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one bright orange Californian Poppy blooming...in windswept gravel !
Good guy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've a few roses trying to open - I cut one bud and brought it in. Now it's a lovely yellow flower, but I forget it's name. There's a single flower, now rather withered and past its best, on rosa Dublin Bay, too. Beside it, a couple of days ago there was a single blue sweetpea flower. I'm sure it was the last of them.
Elsewhere there is a white hellebore in flower and some cyclamen and the bulbs are starting to show their green shoots. I enjoyed prowling around the garden the other day, cutting holly and ivy and cotoneaster for decorations. Great berries this year and I've been able to supply a couple of other houses as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: