Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irelands Garden tools / equipment. (mowers, glasshouses & polytunnels etc).

Christmas present

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Most Recent Posts Is this Spiraea japonica
Last post: Greengage
Beech Head leaf browning issue
Small lawn advice please
Whats this.
Last post: Silver surfer

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Greengage
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this in action on utube this is what you need.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn6aWvYgn5k
Good guy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! And yer man walks around backwards in front of it!! Rather him than me!
tagwex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rapidly losing patience with this shredder now. Within minutes of freeing it up, took a good hour to do that, it was jammed again. Supposed to take 40mm sticks and gets stuck on 20/22mm sticks. Also it is very hard to know what the gap is to set the cutting equipment for when one cannot see it from the outside. The knob for adjustment is not graduated in any way so it is pure guesswork.

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
Greengage

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a chap who has an attic full of Aldi/Lidel stuff never used has an addiction very funny, All useless stuff
kindredspirit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it this fellow with the beard, Greengage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL7jyXCQ2Zc

A little garden in Co. Limerick.Some non-gardening photographs.
Kim
Rank attained: Rowan Tree
Rank attained: Rowan Tree

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really sorry to hear you have got a frustrating shredder Tagwex, I guess like many garden tools there are good ones and bad ones.

Our shredder is an old bosch 2200 with a cog not a blade, I would guess we have had it at about 10 years. I have been using it almost every day during January, at least for half an hour every day. I use it probably at least once a week during the year. It pulls branches in and crushes them. Not had a blockage in 10 years of use. Hard to understand why they can sell badly designed new ones when our old one is so well designed? Strange world.
tagwex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep not impressed at all. I feel a vitriolic e-mail coming on to the manufacturer. Mine is a cog wheel too, so it crushes rather than cuts at 40 revolutions per minute against a metal piece that is adjustable from the outside with a knob but as stated previously this knob is not graduated in any way. I am thinking of leaving the covers off so as I can see what is going on. I found out today in the small print of the instruction booklet that Einhell is the parent company, yet Gardenline is on the stickers on the machine. If I had known that then I would never have bought it as Einhell are crap.

Good guy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Einhell by nature too, perhaps?
One of the things I most liked in teaching design was my course in Applied Ergonomics. It was very simple stuff, for beginning Product Design students, but good Display and Control was fundamental. I never had any problems finding examples of rotten design with which to illustrate my lessons - our table saw and our photocopier were quite sufficient! Of course, people with an understanding of design had little say in their purchase!
Blowin
Rank attained: Vegetable garden tender

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange what you say about Einhell, Tagwex. I bought one of their circular saws and eventually gave up on it as I couldn't get it to work properly. Unusual for the Germans (and Lidl for that matter).
tagwex

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 12 years ago I spotted three tools at a special offer set price of 70. Thought it was a bargain. Cordless drill, sander and a 4" angle grinder. The sander I still have but it never got much use to be fair, only 135 watts. The other two lasted no length at all. So ever since then I have stayed away from Einhell and always will. Vitriolic e-mail went to Einhell this morning , the answer should be good.

tagwex

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: Email response arrived yesterday. Let's just say it was pathetic. Either way the shredder went back today and I got a refund. So now I am on the lookout for something that actually works, any recommendations out there? Current and available models only please.

Blowin
Rank attained: Vegetable garden tender

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking up on Kim's Bosch experience, I don't think the manufacturers and retailers want things to last ten years plus. They'd rather have a more regular sales opportunity.

I recall having a new company car in 1972 and, when I handed it in after three years with 103,000 miles on the clock, two of the tyres were the originals - but they disappeared off the market double quick!

tagwex

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something similar. My father bought a Toyota Corolla in 1978, a K30, and he managed to get just over 80000 miles from the original tyres. A slow steady driver always, and his journey to work (40 miles) was virtually all on what passed for the main road back then. What also helped was that he never ever insured me on that car!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irelands Garden tools / equipment. (mowers, glasshouses & polytunnels etc). All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: