Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irelands Garden tools / equipment. (mowers, glasshouses & polytunnels etc).

Tree Stake Holder:

Most Recent Posts My intro
Last post: Greengage
Hi all
Hello and help needed on watering
Christmas reading.

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Derm
Rank attained: Hazel Tree
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Tree Stake Holder: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm looking for help regarding a tree memorial plaque or label holder with stake.

These plaque or label holders seem to be readily available in the UK and in the US. However, I can't find anything on the web regarding these holders in Ireland. Purchasing a plaque is no problem, but sourcing the tree stake holder is more complicated.

I've posted photos below and included the link to each site for reference. If you know a place in Ireland that sells these or an organisation that orders these in, please let me know. Thanks.

http://www.oxfordengraver.com/product-detail/4/149/engraved-plaque-holder-with-stakeplanttreememorial.htm

http://www.gardenlabelling.co.uk/sites/default/files/field/image/Metal-Label-Holders.jpg
Blowin
Rank attained: Orchard owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know of any Irish based supplier but I often find with this type of obscure item that, whilst the P&P element can sometimes look like a bit of a killer, it will often save a lot of foot slogging and time. From the comfort of your armchair the Oxford lot will deliver it to your door for 35 and, in practical terms, you may not save much.

The WW1 Centenary may provide one or two options though as people look for lost relatives and are looking for a marker of some sort.

tagwex
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Derm, these type of plaque holders are quite common in golf courses (a memorium to past members) and in arboretums. My local one has the following contact details....
JFK Memorial Park & Arboretum
New Ross, Co. Wexford.

Telephone No: +353 (0)51 388171
Fax No: +353 (0)51 388172
E-mail: jfkarboretum@opw.ie

You could try those for advice.

Also a fellow forumite called Kindred Spirit might answer you as he may have some knowledge of where to get them. Check out his system, it is not what you are after but it is down the same road. http://www.gardenplansireland.com/forum/about7110.html

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
Greengage
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its only a one off you could contact the National Botanic gardens an explain your story they should be able to help, dont tell them i said that. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irelands Garden tools / equipment. (mowers, glasshouses & polytunnels etc). All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: