Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Garden planning, prep and landscape design in Ireland

Any ideas how to move or hide this eyesore?

Most Recent Posts funny
Last post: Sue Deacon
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Sue Deacon
oops
Last post: Margo
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Bambidub
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:13 am    Post subject: Any ideas how to move or hide this eyesore? Reply with quote

Hi I'm interested to know if I can successfully move this oil burner to a different location in the garden or if not, any ideas how I would hide it and make it safe around children? Thanks Very Happy

image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  51.25 KB
 Viewed:  3526 Time(s)

image.jpg

Sive
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to see how this area relates to your whole garden from just this photo, but fencing off both the burner and the tank with a gate for access would give you a handy area in the middle for wheelie bins and other stuff you don't want to be looking at all the time. It could end up looking well-planned, rather than random as it does at present. Some planting /containers would then distract the eye and the whole thing could look OK.
tagwex

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is indeed an unfortunate location for the boiler and a careless one without any future thought by the builders. Fencing would be the solution as Sive says with a bit of imagination you could make something of it. But it would take up a lot of your garden looking at the gap between the two items. First I would ask a plumber for a quote to move the burner to a more suitable location and if it is not exorbitant, follow that route. The tank, being in a corner, is fine, fence it off. If you really want to go all the way you can bury an oil tank underground and attach a pump to draw the oil to the burner. The tank you have is not suitable for burying. The important aspect about covering the burner to remember is that whatever you put on it will need to be removable for servicing purposes, it needs air to work efficiently and the fumes need to be able to exhaust without hindrance. Also parts of the burner will get quite hot so nothing burnable should be within say 200mm of the burner.

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
Gemini
Rank attained: Rowan Tree
Rank attained: Rowan Tree

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Sive's idea myself, fence it off and make an area for wheelie bins, etc., Your idea is good Tagwex but could turn out very expensive.
Bambidub

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks very much for your replies. The garden is not that big so for me to do as Sive has suggested would take a huge chunk of the garden away. I will price around to see how much it will cost to move. I wasn't sure if I could move it, but if it can be done I would rather do that. The garden is a work in progress. I've to lay lawn etc. but wanted to move the burner first.
tagwex

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gemini wrote:
Your idea is good Tagwex but could turn out very expensive.

I doubt very much if it would cost more than 150. No more than 2 or 3 hours work in it. Once moved it would open up the garden.
How is your lacy cabbage doing Gemini?

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
Sive

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of a photo of the whole garden Bambidub ? That would make things a lot clearere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Garden planning, prep and landscape design in Ireland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: