Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Water features in Ireland, including all aspects of water gardening.

stagnant water- problems for plants?

Most Recent Posts funny
Last post: tagwex
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: tagwex
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: kindredspirit
oops
Last post: Margo

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
member11809

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: stagnant water- problems for plants? Reply with quote

If

Last edited by member11809 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Greengage
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it would be fine to use, there would be lots of bacteria in it and this should be good for plants, I dont think we have mosquitos in ireland and if we had then it could be a problem.
member11809

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greengage wrote:
yes it would be fine to use, there would be lots of bacteria in it and this should be good for plants, I dont think we have mosquitos in ireland and if we had then it could be a problem.
not interested in your views please stay out of my threads
tippben
Rank attained: Vegetable garden tender

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a bit unnecessary! If you don't want an answer, don't ask on a public forum! In reply: while stagnant water SHOULDN'T pose a problem for plants, it could however, contain fungal pathogens like Phythopthera. Yes, there are also mosquitoes in Ireland, which is why I keep my water butts covered. In preference, I would use clean water for vegetables.
member11809

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tippben wrote:
That was a bit unnecessary! If you don't want an answer, don't ask on a public forum! In reply: while stagnant water SHOULDN'T pose a problem for plants, it could however, contain fungal pathogens like Phythopthera. Yes, there are also mosquitoes in Ireland, which is why I keep my water butts covered. In preference, I would use clean water for vegetables.
Listen I told GG before iwas not interested in her views due to previous insulting posts. So please do not tell me who I communicate with. Public forum does not mean i have to be insulted. So comment on question if you wish but not on my decision.
Dr. Sunny Thomson
Rank attained: Rowan Tree
Rank attained: Rowan Tree

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should rename thread from stagnant water to Troubled waters Very Happy . What the big idea with editing out the whole of the initial post? It will be of no help to others interested in the subject.
member11809

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Sunny Thomson wrote:
Should rename thread from stagnant water to Troubled waters Very Happy . What the big idea with editing out the whole of the initial post? It will be of no help to others interested in the subject.
mind your own business
tagwex
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to put someone on an ignore list methinks. Those comments are just not warranted nor wanted. Goes against the whole nature of the good natured banter on this forum albeit with a bit of leg pulling here and there.

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
member11809

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tagwex wrote:
Time to put someone on an ignore list methinks. Those comments are just not warranted nor wanted. Goes against the whole nature of the good natured banter on this forum albeit with a bit of leg pulling here and there.
have asked admin to depete my account/posts not leg pulling from GG who caused it all with bitterness and being smart
verge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locking this thread, folks. Twas a pity that member11809's and Greengage's difference were not highlighted to either myself or the Admin before this thread.

In future it would be better for all if the aggrieved member would contact either myself or the admin early, so we can look after things.
There is no use in stewing.

member11809, the admin will be in touch.

Benefited from us? Then link to us or tell others.

http://www.allotments.ie/ Ireland's allotments.
On Twitter... http://twitter.com/Allotments
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Water features in Ireland, including all aspects of water gardening. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: