Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News.

Have a good day everybody

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Most Recent Posts Christmas reading.
Last post: Greengage
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Greengage
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: Sue Deacon
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Margo
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject: Have a good day everybody Reply with quote

Morning all. Well we've had some welcome rain in the night and still got fine rain. It really got muggy last night and was 21 which is really warm. Its nice this morning though as its cleared the air.
I was going to get out in the garden today but rain stopped play so its back to the Polytunnel.
tagwex

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No rain here yet. Sod the garden have put enough hours into it in the last few weeks, deserve a day off even though there is a thousand things to do still. Golf today up in Wicklow and then even more football tonight, woooohoooooo!

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misty Rain here in the N/W but not enough to dampen the spirits or the Garden...got through a load of work yesterday so I'm ahead of the Posse for the time being...nothing doing this Morning and the Pants are bored off me already...
Sive

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No rain in North Wexford....yet...... and we can do with a good ( preferably overnight ! ) soak here. And I wouldn't mind a day off the gardening too.....
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sive wrote:
No rain in North Wexford....yet...... and we can do with a good ( preferably overnight ! ) soak here. .

But what about the Night time Gardeners Sive... Wink
Graham Gibbs
Rank attained: Hazel Tree
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Have a good day everybody Reply with quote

Margo wrote:
Morning all. Well we've had some welcome rain in the night and still got fine rain. It really got muggy last night and was 21 which is really warm. Its nice this morning though as its cleared the air.
I was going to get out in the garden today but rain stopped play so its back to the Polytunnel.

Well at least you will be able to rest your bones sitting in the tunnel.
Margo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Graham I did the weeding outside as we haven't had the rain that was promised. I'm an old crotchety anyway as I can't bend or kneel so I sit on a cushion and weed.
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margo wrote:
Actually Graham I did the weeding outside as we haven't had the rain that was promised. I'm an old crotchety anyway as I can't bend or kneel so I sit on a cushion and weed.

If it's any help to you Margo...I'm in the same position as yourself when it comes to Kneeling or Bending but I find the "Kneeler Seat" a great asset for assisting at those times...when used in the Seating position it's invaluable for raising and lowering yourself...just make sure your wearing Knee Pads to avoid those Pebbles digging into your Knees...
Margo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geranimojess wrote:
Margo wrote:

If it's any help to you Margo...I'm in the same position as yourself when it comes to Kneeling or Bending but I find the "Kneeler Seat" a great asset for assisting at those times...when used in the Seating position it's invaluable for raising and lowering yourself...just make sure your wearing Knee Pads to avoid those Pebbles digging into your Knees...

I can't kneel at all I'm waiting to have knee replacements but due to husbands little inconvenience its had to be put on hold. I use an old settee cushion which is really comfortable. I can get up from the ground easier than out of a chair daft isn't it.
kindredspirit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My goodness. You're all very enthusiastic! I'm merely a Saturday morning gardener myself (though sometimes it can stretch into the afternoon as well)
A little garden in Co. Limerick.Some non-gardening photographs.
Good guy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must be joking! Surely that immaculate spread you have needs more than a weekly primping? Or is there something you know about "low maintenance" that has passed the rest of us by?
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kindredspirit wrote:
I'm merely a Saturday morning gardener myself (though sometimes it can stretch into the afternoon as well)

Laughing Laughing Laughing...Very well put...put a smile on my Face...
kindredspirit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good guy wrote:
You must be joking! Surely that immaculate spread you have needs more than a weekly primping? Or is there something you know about "low maintenance" that has passed the rest of us by?

I work Monday to Friday, 12 hour (or more) day. I sometimes work for a few hours on Saturday but with this recession that's getting less and less.

So the only free time I get is Saturdays and Sundays. On Sundays I like to go out in my old car (weather permitting) or else go boating. I like going up mountains too (I've done the Five Peaks) but I rarely get time for that. When I'm retired I'll start whizzing up mountains again. Smile Smile Well, probably plod up them. Smile Smile

A little garden in Co. Limerick.Some non-gardening photographs.
tagwex

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Sive no rain for us but the rest of them got soaked. I am almost on the verge of doing a raindance, fed up watering for the last fortnight and missing the world cup. There are times when I wish the sunny south east didn't live up to its name.

WEB_radar3_201406251745.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  68.08 KB
 Viewed:  4713 Time(s)

WEB_radar3_201406251745.png

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
Gemini
Rank attained: Rowan Tree
Rank attained: Rowan Tree

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great map Tagwex.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News. All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: