Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Shrubs in Ireland ... Hedging in Ireland

does anyone know where to get this shrub azara microphylla

Most Recent Posts Good Guy went to Keuchenhof Gardens, The Netherlands
Last post: Good guy
Horse manure in bags?
Last post: Sue Deacon
hello everyone
Last post: Sue Deacon
...What did you do Today...
Last post: Good guy

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
niamh19
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: does anyone know where to get this shrub azara microphylla Reply with quote

so i'm in the middle of deciding what shrubs to plant to make up a mixed boarder hedge. i was thinking of putting shrubs that are scented the problem is i can't seem to find anywhere in sligo that sells them. where do you buy shrubs, the ones i was thinking of were azara microphylla, daphne transatlantica 'Eternal Fragrance',Californian Lilac,Carolina Allspice shrub,some variety of osmanthus ,a butterfly bush and Philadelphus Virginal it's a pretty long stretch that i have to cover. i looked in homebase and horkins they are the only ones i could think of. does anyone have better knowledge of where to buy shrubs.
Greengage
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont know anywhere in sligo, Horkins could order them in for you.
Good guy

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how far you are prepared to travel, but I've always found Dunwiley Nurseries in Stranorlar, Co Donegal very good. Good advice, good specimens. They have lots of field grown stuff, too, for bare root planting in the winter. That is a cheaper option if you have a large area to plant.
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi niamh19...my supplier would be able to help you there...I'm also in Sligo and have been using this Lad for the past 6yrs...his name is George and he sells from the "Farmers Mart" in Drumcliffe on Thursday's and Saturday's...and Ballyshannon on Sunday's behind the Fire Station/Bus Station...

He grows all his own Plants and in all the years I've purchased from him not one of the Plants have ever failed and his prices are Rock-Bottom...I can PM you his Phone No if you'd like to talk to him or just drop into Drumcliffe/Ballyshannon any time...you can say I put you in touch...{ no...I ain't on commission} but he is very good and Knowledgeable...lets know how you get on...
Dave...
niamh19

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: farmers mart Reply with quote

cool thanks for your help where about in drumcliff is the farmers mart and do you know what time it starts ends at. could you pm his number to me if you don't mind, to find out what stock he has first before i go there.
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sending PM with his No...He usually has his Truck there about 9am til' about 4.30 pm...OOooppp's...it's "Rathcormack" {don't know what I was thinking there when I said "Drumcliffe"} as you enter "Rathcormack" from Sligo pass the Church and Petrol Station on your right you will see a sign and Buildings immediately on your left for "The Farmers Mart" his Truck is on your left as you drive in...

PS...I'd give "Ballyshannon" a skip this weekend as the "Rory Gallagher" Festival is on and the Authorities usually take over the Car Park for the duration...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Shrubs in Ireland ... Hedging in Ireland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: