Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Vegetable growing, fruit and allotments in Ireland

Online Vegetable Garden, Advice Please

Most Recent Posts Just saying.............
Last post: vulkan
Planning the garden jobs month by month - DECEMBER
Last post: tagwex
Rocks in troughs.
Time to go?

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
GreenFingersMichaela
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Online Vegetable Garden, Advice Please Reply with quote

Hi there,

I am a new member and having looked through some of the content in this forum I think you can be of help to me.

I recently began blogging about gardening - aimed at a beginner audience as I too am a beginner and with the help of my Dad I have been able to learn so much about vegetable gardening.

I would be so grateful if you could have a look at my blog (http://beginnerveggarden.com/) and let me know what you think by giving me your feedback - whether good or bad I would like the experts opinions! For example, if there is other content I should add or if I should expand on certain areas, please inform me via this platform or the blog post itself.

Any feedback is hugely welcomed, and thank you for your time .
Smile

tagwex
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive.
PS. You are no beginner!

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
GreenFingersMichaela

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for your kind response! Do you think I could add value by including more or different elements?
tagwex

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To tell you the truth I only scanned through your blog to see what was in it for an overview, am only in from the garden to get a quick lunch and then back out there again. I will look at it in more detail tonight as will the rest of the crew I'm sure.

GreenFingersMichaela

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks so much. Have a good day in the garden!
Sive

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto here, I have also just come in from the garden for lunch, but I had a quick look at your blog and I think it looks very professional, well done. "Himself" looks after the vegetables in our garden and I doubt he even knows what a blog is so I doubt I could get him to follow your adventures. But I will try to dip in and out. Good luck with both the gardening and the blog.
GreenFingersMichaela

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile thanks Sive you're very good! Enjoy the day outside in the garden!
Greengage

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK we had a look but what do you want us to do. I would say you know your onions from the spuds.
tagwex

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Geranimojess you have competition. We now have someone who writes a proper blog and with pictures too!!! Only 25500 or so more views and our lass from tipp will have passed you out.

tagwex

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, had a good look through and scanned most of the articles. It seems to concentrate on your own garden and what you grow (which is what a blog is all about I suppose) so if you and your Dad don't grow certain veg. then we don't get to read about your experiences, trials and tribulations. It appears cooking is your thing so maybe more on the recipe/cooking side might be good to show people how simple it can be with maybe some use of the more unusual vegetables to get people interested, such as kohlrabi. The how best to info we can get here on this forum from the posts by the site administrator so you need to either improve on that or have a twist on it in some way so as not to be in competition or maybe you want to be! Personalise it with stories about the livestock/pets, the successes, the failures (the photographic progress reports I like). On a minor pedantic note I found a few spelling errors, best to have them right as it gives a better impression. How about growing trials of one variety over another and comparing results in a semi scientific way or different methods e.g. chitted potatoes against non-chitted, too late for this year I know but you get the idea. Overall I'm very impressed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Vegetable growing, fruit and allotments in Ireland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: