Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News.

Do Dreams/Fantasies come true...I think so...

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
Most Recent Posts Christmas reading.
Last post: Greengage
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Greengage
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: Sue Deacon
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Geranimojess
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Do Dreams/Fantasies come true...I think so... Reply with quote

This Morning at 8am I began applying the final coats of stain to my Restoration Project...by 11.45am I was cleaning/putting away the Brushes...sitting down with a well earned Coffee and Ciggie' I was looking back over the Press and listening to a large selection of Country CD's I'd had playing over the last 3 1/2hrs when it occurred to me that without realising it at the time I had visited almost every State in the US of A...courtesy of various Artists...still Interested...grab yourself a Coffee/Tea and read on...

Johnny Horton took me "North to Alaska" along the Yukon River to see the Northern lights and let me drive his team of Huskies through the Snow...Doug Kershaw then took me down South to show me how they celebrate a "Louisiana Saturday Night"...meanwhile Charlie Pride was waiting to whisk me across the Mississippi to a "Cotton picking Delta Town" and then straight up to Oklahoma to show me the Sun rise on an "Oklahoma Morning"...before departing Big Bill Broonzy insisted I return to the Mississipi and have a listen to his version of the "Mississipi River Blues"...not to be outdone Sleepy John Estes took me to the local Hobo's Haunt to treat me to "Hobo Jungle Blues"... Frankie Laine then offered to meet me at "High Noon" I declined his offer...

John Denver brought me to Colorado to show me "Annies Song" before Marty Robbins invited me to "El Paso"...Dan Fardon took me to an "Indian Reservation" in Sth Dakota and Mel Tillis wanted to show me "Detroit City"...Waylon Jennings had me in "Milwaukee"...Kris Kristofferson nearly had me killed in a crash in Albuquerque New Mexico as part of his "Convoy"...then the Rhinestone Cowboy Glen Campbell {who now suffers from Alzheimers} whisked me off to Wichita, Galveston and Phoenix...before I had to decline to go any further until I had a fill of the Black Stuff {no...not Guinness...the other stuff}...while I was catching my Breathe Entertainment was laid on by the "Woolpackers"{Emmerdale watchers will know this Group} who showed me how to" Line Dance" and finished the Set with "Hillbilly Rock Hillbilly Roll"...next up the Bellamy Brothers "If I said you had a Beautiful Body" {would you hold it against me} said I wasn't into that...Jeannie C Riley then took me to a meeting of the "The Harper Valley PTA" ended up in Fisty Cuffs when Tammy Wynette stood up and told them to "Stand by your Man"...

Dont go just yet...I'm nearly finished...

Back on the Road again Red Sovine wanted to show me his "Teddybear" while Dave Dudley and Red Simpson fought over who I was to Travel with next while David Blue Boy was telling everyone "Tennessee is Home to me"...the list goes on and on as over 100 Songs were played but each one had it's own Story to tell and by the time they were finished I knew more about the US than ever before without leaving the comforts of my Workshop...

Everyone has a Dream/ Fantasy mine was to Travel the US but my fear of Flying put paid to that but now I've discovered a substitute which helps a little to keep my Fantasies/Dreams going a little longer...OK I'm a Headcase so what...I'm enjoying it...ain't hurting or Insulting anyone and I know lots of ye have similar Dreams but are afraid to reveal them in case others laugh at you... I've gone beyond caring about that...

Apart from Gardening what other Hobby/Pastime have you got...can you "Switch off" from this insane World and take time off...I'd be interested in hearing other views Positive or Negative...
Slave77
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh geranimojess, that was FAB Laughing am still laughing, you have a way with words and your posts are always worth reading and you bring a smile to my face with your energy and zest for life. like that I love to put music on and sing along at the top of my voice, any music will do I'm not fussy as long as there are words to sing along, it makes getting through the mountain of ironing a lot easier! I used to play the guitar when I was younger, always have a hankering to take it up again, some day maybe I will Wink
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good on ya Slave77...you've broken the Ice and an added Bonus was bringing a smile to your Face...dont ever leave go of something that gives you enjoyment even if others scoff at your efforts...they are the ones to be pitied...next time turn up the Radio Volume and sing louder and take up the Guitar again...

PS...I'd advise against Line Dancing when your doing the Ironing...I was Ironing a Shirt one time when I brought up my Knee {during a Foot-tapping No} and accidently smacked it against the Ironing Board sending it against the Table which was laid for the Evening Tea and spilling a pile of already Ironed Clothing onto the Floor...suffice to say I saw another side to my Wife...never knew she spoke a 2nd Language... Embarassed
Slave77

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ah, poor you,is that why your country music is played in the workshop now so? The mental picture of that anecdote is not only bringing a smile to my face but a tear to my eye from the laughing Laughing
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Workshop is my Castle...my Sanctuary...my Haven...even Jean {Her indoors} never enters it unless I'm there...I have all the comforts I need and my Music is the Icing on the Cake...
tagwex

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you wanted a negative view well........... how do you listen to that sh.........!
Fear of flying, shall we call you Dennis Bergkamp from now on Dave? My better half does all that singing and dancing along to the radio at mega decibels - keeps the pigeons away for a while I suppose. I tell her it is because she has me in her life that has her so happy!!! I leave the guitar playing to the sons, very melodious they are too, as for me it is golf - love it, just love it.

PS how are you ever going to meet one of your beloved red indians, another of your hobbies? They wont be coming over here to meet you.

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tagwex wrote:
........... how do you listen to that sh.........!

With both Ears...

PS how are you ever going to meet one of your beloved red indians, another of your hobbies? They wont be coming over here to meet you.

Sorry to disappoint you but I've had several Visitors over to Ireland as Guests... and I'm working on my Phobia...
tagwex

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good answer.

I sit corrected so. Did they make you a good hot curry when they were here?

Geranimojess

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave has left the Building and gone to Bed....G Night...
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To many Voyeurs and no Participants does nothing to encourage conversation... guess I'll let this Topic go to Bed as well... Crying or Very sad
tagwex

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't leave me on my own with that mad one from Claremorris, she has bugs you know.
Unfortunately true of a lot of threads here unless there is someone cranking the cogwheels of the view counter to make it look better.

Sive

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am spending every minute I can working in the garden, folks, so by the time I get round to checking on this site, I'm too tired to contribute.........zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tagwex wrote:
Don't leave me on my own with that mad one from Claremorris, she has bugs you know.
Unfortunately true of a lot of threads here unless there is someone cranking the cogwheels of the view counter to make it look better.

Then someone must have a very sore Wrist after 23,438 views on "What did you do today"...I've seen more Activity in an empty Mortuary...
tagwex

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But how many contributors? The ratios are poles apart. Someone is clicking away.

Geranimojess

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts exactly...poor oul' Sod...what a pathetic Life...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News. All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: