Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News.

Do Dreams/Fantasies come true...I think so...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  
Most Recent Posts Gravel Drive towed rake??
Last post: kindredspirit
the first of 2020
Last post: ponddigger
If I knew what this is, I could google how to look after it!
Last post: Greengage
Whitewash for the fruit trees, any chance to get it in IRL?
Last post: kindredspirit

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Geranimojess
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slave77 wrote:
No. Need to apologise, What a great list, I know the majority of them, fab sing your heart out songs.....some are Probably not suited to ironing either Laughing

Catch you later...just on my way out the Door when I saw your reply... Confused
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turned out a lovely Evening on the walk TG...I spent the entire walk going back over all the Artists I liked in the 60's and the Majority still alive are still packing the Venue's out to 60's Nights...Many years ago when we lived in Cork the "American Drifters" were playing in a Venue called "Maudie Mac's" just outside Mallow...a Neighbour and ourselves loaded our 2 Cars with the Children{all Teenagers then} and brought them out to the Hall while we returned to Mallow for a quiet Adult Meal

The Show was due to finish at 11pm so arriving back at 10.30 we were amazed to see the Car Park full of Parents singing along and Dancing to the Songs...it was such a warm Night the Emergency Doors at the side of the Stage were opened to let some Air in and we had the best view of the Group...it was a Night I can still remember...they were Brilliant even the Kids never stopped talking about them all the way home in the Car...they refused to believe me when I told them that we danced to their Records years ago and that they were old enough to be their Grandparents...The older the Fiddle the sweeter the Tune...true down to the last word...
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 3/4 yrs later...Going back over some old Threads to pass the time I came across this Thread I'd forgotten about and it reminded me of a Phone call I received from my Sister in Leeds some Months ago...She told me She had Tickets for a Show "Sixties Gold"...The Lineup included...

The Searchers...
Brian Poole and the Tremeloes...
Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders...
P J Proby...
Gary Puckett and Union Gap...

Amongst others and would I be interested in going...these Shows are all the rage in England at the moment and are playing to sell-out Audiences everywhere...unfortunately I was unable to take up Her offer but She promised to get me a Programme and true to Her word She did just that and the added Bonus of the Autographs of the "Searchers" ...

She went on to say it was a Fabulous Night and while the Groups were now all in their 70's it took little imagination to zoom yourself back to the 60's and those great times...Looking at the Programme the Groups are fully Booked out til' the end of April appearing all across England.{no Irish Dates Crying or Very sad }

They tried to keep to the Original Line-up's where possible and only through Death were some missing but the sounds never changed...course' when I received the Programme I was straight onto U Tube and while I enjoyed a great read it was even better listening to the Music at the same time............For that Hour it was even better than "Gardening and Woodwork combined"........... Wink

Last edited by Geranimojess on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Sue Deacon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only just seen this thread.

Garry Puckett and the Union Gap, wow now THAT'S a blast from the past!!

I love the Eagles. Never seen them live but came very close with the tribute band the Illegals. If you ever get a chance to see them, they are worth it.

I used to listen to the radio or CD's all the time. But I prefer the quiet now, especially if I am working. Plus the fact that much modern music is just so much (as my mum would say) animated neuralgia.

Geranimojess

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Animated Garbage would be a more Apt' description but your Mum got it right...If you just want Serenity and Tranquility look no further than Phil Coulter...

When I was doing the Coach Tours many years ago I had a group of Norwegians Touring Kerry Phil Coulter was appearing at that popular Venue in Killarney {the Name slips my Memory at the moment} anyway not only did I manage to get them Tickets but all 35 were Complimentary such was my persuasive charm ...by the end of the Night he had 35 more Fans...they couldn't get enough of him...

I'm afraid my Days of going to Shows are well and truly over...if I want to hear the Music I buy the CD...I like to cry into my Mug of Cocoa in privacy and comfort Embarassed
Sue Deacon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we don't travel that far, the Illegals were on in the Carlton, God I miss that hotel! The Sunday lunches were great and you were guaranteed at least one civilised watering hole. Rolling Eyes

I used to listen to the radio all the time in England. But we appear to be in a black hole for reception here. I can only get radio 2 on the satellite now and the telly is not very portable! Laughing

Used to have John Denver, The Eagles, Billy Joel, Queen, Wagner and Spanish guitar music on the CD player in the old car. But this new one is a right smart axxe. I have now got all my music on a Minion flash drive. But I am such a wally when it comes to technology, that the journey is over before I fathom out how to use it! Still it's early days, we have only had this car a fortnight. It tells you when you cross the border, what the speed limits are ..... it gets a tad tiresome going into Belleek and back every day 'ping' you've crossed the border, 'ping' you've crossed the border.

What I don't understand is how can GPS be THAT accurate when it comes to driving over a stud in the road but totally hopeless when a parcel gets delivered to a house 3 miles away.

Enough rambling, I'd better get some work done.

Geranimojess

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramble on Dear Sue...Ramble on and pay no heed to anyone who doesn't like it... some of us have all the time in the World...your Selection of Music is varied but not my choice...strange thing though I admired Freddie Mercury for his unusual style of singing ...I was more a "Stones" Fan in those Days of yore...

As for these Gadgets in Cars when I'm setting the Sat-Nav by the time I've figured out how to do it I've reached my Destination...No gimme' the old way everytime, it may take a little longer but you get the same result in the end...

"Her who must be Obeyed" now wants to go for a drive...why does She have to wait til' I'm just after cleaning the Car...anyway I'm going up for a Shower now and a change of Clothes...catch you later...

PS...She thinks I'm none the wiser but Her reason for the Drive is to get out of Cooking the Dinner...we usually eat out when on a Drive.............She will get the ruddy Tea this Evening...
Sue Deacon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually get Saturdays off when it comes to cooking. I'm often in the garden all day and OH swans off to one of his 'locals' (Rossnowlagh, Mullaghmore). But as I spent most of Thursday and yesterday afternoon in the garden and am suffering for it today, I think I'll spend the rest of the day on the family tree.

That is if baby Bob will let me. He is confined to quarters while his leg heals and is not liking it one bit.

Hope you have a good afternoon.

Geranimojess

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turned out a Non-starter...after I Showered and changed I approached Her and asked if She was ready...Her response was not exactly filled with Enthusiasm as she continued doing the Crossword and said "When I'm finished this" I knew she was digging her heels in because I didn't drop everything when she 1st asked earlier.....

So I went into my room and began answering your last reply when 15 mins later she comes in and asks if I was ready...Yes I replied..."When I'm finished this"...that ended any plans for going out not that I wanted to in the 1st place... Rolling Eyes...there are times I wished I was a Drinker and just go off on my own and chill out like any normal Male would do...and I'm sure she often wishes the same but after 47 yrs in each others Company Couples do tend to let loose now and again...I guess I'll be getting the cold Shoulder for the Weekend... Sad...come Monday I'll be in her good Books again...happens all the time... Wink
Blowin
Rank attained: Vegetable garden tender

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apropos this morning's post, G, do I take it you were once a 'Group D' man? When I operated out of South Essex, we'd get quite a few Asian Weddings, i.e. Indian, Bangladeshi, Pakistani. You want to try eight or nine hours at the wheel with their music on non-stop. Now, a military music tour of Europe was something different.
tagwex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be a couple of hungry days there for you Geranimojess!

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
Sue Deacon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My OH spends every Saturday and Sunday afternoons at the coast/pub. I am welcome to go with him, but he spends so much time at the bar or outside smoking, chatting to folks that I just take a book with me. Much prefer to mooch about at home.

This afternoon I traced another two generations if OH's family in Brum - 1720's!

Geranimojess

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blowin wrote:
Apropos this morning's post, G, do I take it you were once a 'Group D' man? When I operated out of South Essex, we'd get quite a few Asian Weddings, i.e. Indian, Bangladeshi, Pakistani. You want to try eight or nine hours at the wheel with their music on non-stop. Now, a military music tour of Europe was something different.

The nearest I can come to that was a Coachload of African People Travelling from Sligo to Dublin to attend one of their "Pray-in's" which went on for over 24 hrs...but when they brought their own Spiced Foods with them and used between the Seats to discard soiled Nappies {despite Bags being available} the Odour was overpowering to the point of Nausea... it was only during their Absence while waiting on them that I discovered the hidden Nappies... I washed every inch of the Coach in Dettol and sprayed Aerosol and left the Doors and Skylights open to no avail...it was Days before the Odour subsided, not sure how the other Drivers took to it...I think the Coach was grounded for those few Days

Not sure how I'd have reacted to their Music although one time I had a load of School Kids who wanted their "Heavy Metal" Music blaring...after an hour of it I'd had enough and pulled into a "McDonalds" and told them to have a break... funny how a little Fuse can bring so much Tranquility...problem sorted...

The reference to "Group D"has me scratching the head...no doubt it's a simple query...
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tagwex wrote:
Could be a couple of hungry days there for you Geranimojess!

I've been known to serve up a "Lipsmacking Meal" when I want to...anyway I need to shed a few Pounds so this is as good a time as any... Laughing
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sue Deacon wrote:
. Much prefer to mooch about at home.

This afternoon I traced another two generations if OH's family in Brum - 1720's!

1...Someone like my self...happier in my own company...

2...Would you not be afraid of opening a can of Worms if you unearthed something best left unearthed...I've often wondered about my Ancestors but knowing my luck one of them could be a Murderer and Hanged...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: