Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News.

Do Dreams/Fantasies come true...I think so...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  
Most Recent Posts Help please.. holm oak problems
Last post: tomoshea
Gravel Drive towed rake??
Last post: tagwex
the first of 2020
Last post: ponddigger
If I knew what this is, I could google how to look after it!
Last post: Greengage

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
tagwex
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's just a hamster running around a wheel.

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be a Skinny one by now...
tagwex

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are approx. 30 regular contributors. So how does the view count be so high?

Geranimojess

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps our Fame has spread...Nah...anyone's guess...I once got 46 Blank Txt Messages on my Mobile in the space of an Hr' {I actually counted them} with a return No...eventually I Txt back and threatened to remove His/Her Head if I got any more...they stopped...dunno' if it was a malfunction or a Kid playing with it... Question
Slave77
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tagwex wrote:
Don't leave me on my own with that mad one from Claremorris, she has bugs you know

Rolling Eyes at least I don't try pawning mine off on anyone else Razz
tagwex

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't try I succeeded.
Only known anti virus from a bite is a full bottle of vodka.
Did the steak dinner and Guinness six pack work?

Slave77

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tagwex wrote:
I didn't try I succeeded.

Am sure you will enlighten me as to how.....

tagwex wrote:
Only known anti virus from a bite is a full bottle of vodka.

Is this applied topically or ingested?

tagwex wrote:
Did the steak dinner and Guinness six pack work?

Nah, had a night out instead, don't think he ready for the shock yet!
tagwex

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will be enlightened when they arrive on the west side of Claremorris soon.
Topically????
Good plan, work up to it slowly!

Slave77

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tagwex wrote:
You will be enlightened when they arrive on the west side of Claremorris soon.
Topically????

As in topical application, on the skin...... I presume that's where they bite..... Wink
tagwex

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, they bite you from the inside trying to get out after they have had their fill.

Slave77

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only a Wexford bug would do that, must be a misprint on the stamp on their back... Laughing
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided I was not going to let the lack of responses win so I'm going to continue my version of Blogging as suggested by Sive in an earlier Thread...only this time it's Music of the 60's...after coming Indoors earlier this Morning I was Bored and went onto U-Tube to try to cheer myself up...having being a Teenager a short while back. Embarassed I was feeling Nostalgic and began delving back to the early Days of my Virginity...

The "Mamas and the Papas" were belting out "Monday Monday" while "Petula Clarke" was "Downtown" Shopping...Simon and Garfunkel loved the "Sound of Silence"..."Gerry Lee Lewis" broke more Pianos with his version of "Great Balls of Fire"{Several States had the Police on duty Inside the Auditorium when he played fearing Riots,such was the ferocity of his Act}...Louis Armstrong tried to tell us "What a wonderful World" it was...on the other hand "Barry Maguire" was saying "We're on the Eve of Destruction" and "Scott Mc Kenzie" {Died last year} was telling us not to forget to wear some Flowers in our Hair when we went to "Sanfrancisco" Pat Boone was chasing "Speedy Gonzalas" around Mexico and Chubby Checker had his underpants in a Knot doing "The Twist"...

Ain't finished yet...I'm on a Roll...

"The Cascades" would have felt at Home here in the N/W with "Rhythm of the Rain" and "The Seekers" said "I'll never find another you"...Little Eva sang "The Loco-motion" and "Nancy Sinatra" told us "These Boots are made for Walkin' " after telling Ray Charles to "Hit the Road Jack"..."The Archies" gave us "Sugar Sugar"..."Lulu" singing professionally since 9yrs of age had Her 1st big Hit at the age of 15 with "Shout"...The "Drifters" had a Massive Hit with "Save the last Dance for me"..."The Kinks" "Lazy Afternoon" and "The 4 Seasons" "Rag Doll"...

No Reminiscence would be complete without making some comment about the late and great "Del Shannon" 1939-1990 who tragically took his own Life...with smash Hits like "Runaway" and "Searchin' " it's hard to believe he felt so depressed to end it like He did...

I'm delighted I was part of that Era that is still remembered so well... remember the Pirate Ships that started all this "Radio Caroline" I was listening to it Broadcasting when it sank in a Storm in the English Channel...you also had "Radio London"...the Memories are endless...and the Music will go on forever...The Mods and the Rockers...the "Monkees" Mickey Dolenzie...Peter Tork...Davey Jones and Mike Nesbitt...not one of them could play a Musical Instrument when the Show was 1st Aired but had no choice but to learn fast when they became an instant Hit and began Touring...{Davey Jones died a few years ago}.

It was great living those years again...cheered me up no end...Apologizes to those under 60...but you had to be there to understand what the Bloody Hell I'm talking about... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Sive

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You definitely had to be there, as you say..... every single song title you mention transports me back instantly to my teenage years and listening to the Top Twenty under the blankets when I was supposed to be fast asleep in readiness for school the next day.
Happy and comparatively innocent days.
By the way, I was the proud owner of one of the first transistor radios in the country, thanks to a widely travelled relation who broought one back from Japan for me.
Thanks for bringing back all those memories......
Slave77

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Need to apologise, What a great list, I know the majority of them, fab sing your heart out songs.....some are Probably not suited to ironing either Laughing
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sive...I bet you the "Trannie" used those Batteries that could run a Car today... they were a huge size...I remember borrowing my Sisters when I went Camping with the Scouts {never told her I had it} all Hell broke loose when I got Home... I Danced in the "Moran" Hall in Crumlin and the "National" in Parnell Sq'...that's where I met Jean and swept her off her feet..."John Keogh and the Greenbeats" were all the rage...

I was serving an Apprenticeship at the time and my Wage was 21 Shillings per week of which the Mother took 10 Shillings but the remainder was enough to give you an "OK" week...I wore Flared Trousers...Winklepickers {don't ask} and Shirts I would be reluctant to put in a Skip today in case I was seen...The open Platform on the Double Decker Bus'es...The Gardai on Point Duty on O'Connell Bridge and Nelsons Pillar...every Country Person I spoke to had climbed to the Top...I passed it twice Daily to and from work and never saw inside the Gate...the week I'd planned to rectify that the IRA brought it down Rolling Eyes...

They were hard times for lots of Families but we were to young to understand but they were Innocent times too...Time to go on my walkies'...very overcast but it must be done...I'll probably sing my way around to Crispian St Peters "Piedpiper" ...Cheers...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: