Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News.

Lawn cutting

Most Recent Posts 2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Greengage
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: Sue Deacon
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns
funny
Last post: tagwex

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
socheallaigh
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Lawn cutting Reply with quote

This may have been covered before.
Is it a good time to start cutting my lawn? I'm in North Dublin and there is some frost most nights lately.
The grass is getting a bit long for my push mower and I may have to strim if left any longer.

Sean
Geranimojess
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patricks Weekend is usually the time to let the Mower Cough and Belch out its 1st Black Smoke of the Season...just make sure to keep the Blade up about 3 Notches so as not to give the Grass a Heart attack...only I was cleaning out a few Rose Beds today I had planned Mowing mine...but tomorrow PG I'll be doing Handbrake Skids on mine and looking forward to inhaling that special smell you only get from the 1st cut...

Last week when I was passing through Clondalkin on my way Home the Council were out cutting like it was the middle of August...enjoy your Mowing...
jdquinn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a tidy up cut a few weeks ago. I took little off the height of the lawn, it was just to neaten it up. I probably shouldn't have though. Most of my lawn was dry but there is a bit on a slope which is still like bog (of all places who'd a thought the wettest part of the lawn is the bit with the steepest slope!) and I left lawnmower lines up and down this bit. I think then the Leather jackets got to the lawn shortly after as it has started to go a bit yellow. I sprayed it during the week and couldn't believe the amount of the critters sitting on the soil a day later. 2 Days later and my wife counted 45 crows at one point on a small section of the lawn!

Anyway my lawn is still waterlogged and so I'm waiting until it's not spongy before the next cut.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: