Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> The Events Diary, environment and ecology / home and garden.

Open Day. Garden at Coolwater.

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Most Recent Posts Christmas reading.
Last post: Greengage
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Greengage
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: Sue Deacon
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
kindredspirit
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject: Open Day. Garden at Coolwater. Reply with quote

Having an Open Day on Sunday, the 27th of April.

All forumites in GardenplansIreland are very welcome. Garden is 9 miles directly south of Limerick City, north west of Skule Hill. I hope you won't be disappointed. The garden is smallish. (The pond is biggish. Smile )

A little garden in Co. Limerick.Some non-gardening photographs.
Good guy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bit far for me! But I really would like to see that magnificent pond of yours, in the flesh, so to speak. Well done for having an open day. Maybe some day my garden will be in a fit condition to have one. Is yours for charity? Just being nosey!
tagwex

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a root around on google earth and found you kindred spirit using my surveying skills! The image is from 2006 so I can appreciate the work that has gone into your plot. Is the front garden now in keeping with the high standard set in the back part???

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
kindredspirit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How on earth could you possibly know my house from among the others?

Thank you for your compliment about the back. The front garden is completely different so you'll have to come and view it and see if it meets with your approval. Smile Smile

Greengage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Internet is a scary place with scary people, I see you take two sugar, nice cat. Laughing
tagwex

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a former life I was a private investigator!
Not hard really, never left my sitting room but used my surveying skills from clues you would have written and from your photos. I do it a lot actually, not stalking mind, just testing myself. I have located the houses of a few of the regulars on here from comments that they have made.
Your front drive has a few cherry blossoms, and a tall conifer on the NW corner of the house, which was built in 88/89, the windows are mock Georgian, the plinth is painted white, house is a deep red, one chimney flue is way taller than the other, you have a large white van, your neighbours are Sean Enright and Denis McCarthy, your roadside fence is a three rail ranch style. I think, but not sure, that your wifes name is Christine. The townsland is a bit of a mouthful isn't it? How am I doing so far???

Do you want the latitude and longitude of your house posted here so as people who would be going to your open day can input to their satnavs?

Would love to go, mentioned it to the better half last night, but unfortunately that Sunday is the last day of the school Easter holidays so it would be a bit much to have to come back that night and turn into a school of rowdy kids the next morning. Any other day and we would have stayed over in Limerick City for a mini holiday.

kindredspirit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely extraordinary. You're right on every point including that mouthful of a townland except on 2 points. House was built in 1980 and my wife's name is not Christine, which you weren't certain of anyway.

You're welcome to call on some other weekend day. I've never refused anyone a look around the garden. Smile Smile Smile

kindredspirit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and you can post the Lat & Long here, no problem. I have a handheld GPS but I'd need to plug it into a 12 volt source. Sad

Incidentally, I have a talent for finding people who have owed me money. I would turn up on their doorsteps after they'd kept moving house to avoid people. The look on their faces was priceless Surprised and I always got my money. Very Happy

tagwex

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone was up early or maybe stayed up late.
I see Finches orange is not on your list!
Maybe it was the rear extension that was built in 88/89.
Have given up on the wifes name but I note that she likes chewing on Rhododendrons.
Front garden does indeed look better, nice metal railings instead of the timber fence, I like the concrete mushrooms too, presume you will be giving that bench a lick of paint before the masses arrive!
I could use that talent of yours for sniffing out money as I am owed tens of thousands that I will never see, mostly from builders/developers who have gone to ground and dissolved their companies.
Kevin's house can be found at 52deg 33'41.6" NORTH and 8deg 33'58.5" WEST or alternatively in decimals if you prefer 52.561570 NORTH and -8.566240 WEST. Pump that into your satnav and it will bring you straight to the door.
I might just take you on the offer of an early invite over Easter.

tagwex

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone was up early or maybe stayed up late.
I see Finches orange is not on your list!
Maybe it was the rear extension that was built in 88/89.
Have given up on the wifes name but I note that she likes chewing on Rhododendrons.
Front garden does indeed look better, nice metal railings instead of the timber fence, I like the concrete mushrooms too, presume you will be giving that bench a lick of paint before the masses arrive!
I could use that talent of yours for sniffing out money as I am owed tens of thousands that I will never see, mostly from builders/developers who have gone to ground and dissolved their companies.
Kevin's house can be found at 52deg 33'41.6" NORTH and 8deg 33'58.5" WEST or alternatively in decimals if you prefer 52.561570 NORTH and -8.566240 WEST. Pump that into your satnav and it will bring you straight to the door.
I might just take you up on the offer of an early invite over Easter.

kindredspirit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics of front garden when some of the flowers are flowering.

kindredspirit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder (if anyone's interested), our Open Day is next Sunday, the 27th of April. But it looks like all the blossoms will have blown off the flowering cherries by then. Sad

52deg 33'41.6" NORTH and 8deg 33'58.5" WEST or alternatively, 52.561570 NORTH and -8.566240 WEST

I mile off Limerick to Kilmallock road. Turn west at Hunting Lodge Pub. Turn south at end of this road and it's 7th house on the left. Black iron railings outside. Ogres inside. Smile Smile

kindredspirit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weather forecast for Sunday by yours truly.

Temperature 10 to 12 centigrade. Smile

Wind. Nor-east, 10 to 12 mph.

Cloudy but any rain should dry off by 2pm. Smile

(Hope I've got it right.)

tagwex

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope it goes well for you Kindred Spirit, don't charge them going in but do charge them going out!
Unfortunately we wont be able to go as herself is back to work on the Monday after the school Easter break and it is a long drive back, would love to have gone. Pity it wasn't the weekend before last then we would have made a mini break out of it soaking up the delights of Limerick.

Good guy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I hope it goes really well and that you have a weekend of weather like the one just past. It's a pity Limerick is so far away - I'd love to see your garden for real.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> The Events Diary, environment and ecology / home and garden. All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: