Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Hard landscaping in Ireland, Garden Features (Paths, Patios, Paving, Decking, Walls etc)

Edging for lawns and beds

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Most Recent Posts Time to go?
Last post: Greengage
New herbaceous border
Last post: tagwex
CURATOR OF PLANTS DUBLIN ZOO.
Last post: kindredspirit
Planning the garden jobs month by month - FEBRUARY
Last post: tagwex

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
tagwex
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be thick and stupid but i am not senile, yet! Even after a stroke the memory cells manage to connect! But I was wrong on the timeline by a few months.

Having read through the thread again, how about laying the metal strips loose against the lawns cut edge and then driving down bars separately up tight against the strips, that way if you do hit the stones you can try again close by the initial hole without distorting the strip.

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
Good guy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back from my weekend away and catching up on my posts.
I like the idea, Tagwex - it's pretty certain to work, I think. Thanks. I'll keep you informed when I get around to trying it out.
tagwex

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey good guy, I saw this advert in a sunday supplement this morning and thought of you and your edgings. Have a look at website www.everedge.com. Phone numbers are 01 2889771 and 087 2565680. Don't know whether it is good, bad or indifferent, you will have to make your own mind up.

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
Good guy

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the thought, Tagwex. Nothing wrong with your memory!
It was seeing an ad for this product that sparked my initial query as, when I saw it I went "if only!" The problem is the very stoney soil under my lawn. When I do get around to it ( millions of other jobs later!) I'll probably use a steel strip like this, but with pins placed separately so I can, hopefully, avoid the worst stones. I don't care if it rusts - it will outlast me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Hard landscaping in Ireland, Garden Features (Paths, Patios, Paving, Decking, Walls etc) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: