Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News.

...What did you do Today...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 229, 230, 231  Next  
Most Recent Posts Fountain..........
Last post: vulkan
The spout!!!
Last post: ponddigger
stream and pond on a sloped site
Last post: ponddigger
Colocasia Alocasia
Last post: vincent71

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Geranimojess
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kindredspirit wrote:
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Spell Checker used.... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
kindredspirit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change your religion? Very Happy Very Happy
A little garden in Co. Limerick.Some non-gardening photographs.
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought of changing her but I had no takers....they all wanted a" Sale or Return" clause inserted... Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
sgmgarden
Rank attained: Silver Birch Tree

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday morning again here in Scotland. So far the weather seems quite nice but I hear we are in for some heavy rain later in the week. Typical Scotland I suppose!
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprise..Surprise...Woke up to a lovely morning and got a lot done in the Garden and Strimmed the Banks outside before having to finish up for the visitors arrival...everything is now prim and proper for another few Days before starting over again...for once I'm on top and it feels great...

What part of Scotland are you in Nth'-Sth'-Et-Wt...are you Suburbs or Country...Weather wise are you in a Wet area or Moderate...here in the Nth West if the Weather is good its Heaven on Earth...but when its bad...ITS BAD...I'm on the Coast and have the Sea in front and the Mountains behind my House

Hope to hear more about your neck of the woods and your preferences...

Cheers....Dave...
sgmgarden

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, all of us here in Scotland are getting our summer at last. The weather is incredible so long may it continue. Great weather for those who are keen to get out in the garden. Anyone else enjoying the sun?
Eamon
Rank attained: Hazel Tree
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's an absolute scorcher here in Sligo and my garden is flying. My courgettes are bursting forth, as are my peas and beets, and my strawberries taste like Summer Heaven! Very Happy
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eamon wrote:
, and my strawberries taste like Summer Heaven! Very Happy

Bring on the Cream... Razz
Good guy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed Mangetout peas and book choi in my stir fry and I'm looking forward to trying my shallots which I harvested yesterday. The courgettes are disappointing this year. They are really not moving at all.
Today's plan is to finish tidying up yesterday's hedge trimming, mulch the clippings with the lawn mower and plant some cosmos in a herbaceous border.
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to travel to Mullingar today on Business so was unable to do anything in the Garden...on my journey it lashed rain for a lot of the time and I was hoping some of it would fall in Sligo...when I got home after 7pm my wish had been granted...in the space of a short time the scorched Earth had "Greened" and the smell was intoxicating...hard to describe but everything smelled Fresh...

I was browsing IG and ended up looking at Water features...suddenly I realised now was the time for some R and R so I went out into the Garden and turned on the Fountain and snuggled up in my comfy Seat and sat there just me the Birds and the sound of running Water and the Dog at my feet...sheer Bliss...

Yesterday I started on 2 Rustic Garden Benches for the Arena...managed to get all the Timber cut and shaped and put together now I'll dismantle them and Sand them down tomorrow before Varnishing them with several coats before introducing them to their new Home...

Never thought I'd ever hear myself say,,,Thank God for the Rain... Confused confused,...so am I...
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a pathetic Life I live...this Morning I was at the local Hardware Store at 8am purchasing the remains of Guttering and down Pipes to finish connecting to a 1,000Ltr Water container I have for gathering Rain Water...I no sooner had it complete when it began to Rain...and I actually stood at the Container and listened to the Water filling it up...Yep...I'm a plonker...

Turned to the Seats...dismantled them and plugged in the Sanding Machine only to stop a few minutes later...the ruddy Motor Belt packed up on me...no spares and even less chance of getting any { Parkside Sander...8yrs old and still going strong from Lidls }...then I recalled a Lad on "Done Deal" a few weeks ago had 2 for sale...Phoned him up and he still had them now I'm just waiting on them to be delivered...

Still overcast here in the N/W but very warm...heading down to Cork again this W/E for another few Days RnR another perk for us Retirees...great Life if you can get it.... Very Happy
Good guy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean when you write of listening to your water container fill up with rain.. I installed a water butt earlier this summer (only 200lt, not 1000!). The satisfaction I got, feeding my plants with nettle tea made from my own nettles, diluted with water from my own garden, was enormous.
Such simple pleasures! Sigh.....Ahhhh.
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more People like us and we can form our own "Plonkers Union"...still its nice to be able to enjoy the simple things in life...
sgmgarden

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally it's the weekend! Hope the rain stays away but so far it's looking very unlikely here in the East of Scotland. Enjoy your weekend everybody!
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up at 6am...6.30 I was on the Beach with the Dog...8am I was Painting more Fencing { still loads more to do...but getting there }...also did more Weeding and Mowing / Strimming... dug up a load of Columbine { Grand Mothers Bonnet } which had self-seeded in the Driveway and gave then to my Neighbour...roots n all...they were finished Flowering and these will grow again next year...

Tomorrow I'm bringing a Friend to Dublin Airport to collect her Daughter who is returning from Australia after 2 years...the Woman would get lost if she left the Sligo Area { her words }...so thats a break for a few hours...looking forward to filling the Lungs with good honest Dublin Smog Very Happy .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 229, 230, 231  Next
Page 2 of 231

Jump to: