Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Introduce yourself to the rest of the Irish gardeners

Greengage interview

Most Recent Posts At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: kindredspirit
funny
Last post: Sue Deacon
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Sue Deacon
oops
Last post: Margo

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Greengage
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Greengage interview Reply with quote

Ive got some PMs to tell members more about myself, so heres a short Q and A which Ill leave for a few days before taking down.
You are now one of six people who have contributed over 1000 posts why do you post here.
I think the site is a good site where people only interested in gardening topics post. I know a little and if I can help I will but not everyone will agree with my answers but that’s ok.
How big an area do you garden.
I am part of a small team that maintains 50 acres, Walled garden, with Herbaceous borders, Lawns, Arboretum, Woodland and Sports field. At home I have under 1/2 an acre where I maintain Herbaceous borders, shrubs, Vegetable garden, Greenhouse and I keep a few chickens for eggs.
Anything else you will like to have.
Yes I would be interested in keeping Bees.
What is your favourite plant?
That's difficult I like herbaceous plants and some grasses, if I had to choose a grass it would be Calamagrostis x acutiflora ‘Karl Foerster’ and Echineacea purpurea ‘White Swan’ neither need staking, and survive with little help from me
What is your favourite garden?
I really enjoyed my visit to the Lost Gardens of Helligan in Cornwall and In Ireland we have lots of public gardens to visit but my favourite was a visit to the private gardens at Coolemore Stud in Tipperary. I would also like to visit Prince Charles Garden in Highgrove. (Missed out on a visit there last year as I heard about it too late)
Any garden tip.
Always clean your tools after use and stay off the soil in a vegetable garden use a ladder or boards when working there.
Favourite tools.
I have a small Mantis tiller and am very impressed with it I think I will add the scarifer attachment to it this year. At work I would like to add an Air spade to our collection I think it would improve the health of our trees.
Will you continue to post on this site and what other sites do you post on.
Yes I'm addicted it helps keep my mind ticking over and I like the challenge, I also contribute to Garden.ie and the RHS website and Facebook garden sites.

Favourite sites.
RHS website and The Allotment diary I think he has the best no nonsense veg site.
Can you suggest any Improvements to this site?
I could do with a spell checker, it could be easier to post photos, I also check recent posts but if my internet shuts down I cannot find recent posts again.
If you could have 5 people to dinner to discuss gardening who would you invite.
Not in order but the following would be interesting to listen too, Jimmi Blake, (Hunting brook) Matthew Jebb, ( National Botanic gardens) Catherine Choisel, (Dunshane nurseries) Jaan Ravensberg (Ravensberg Nurseries) and Mike McGroarty (Free Plants.com)
Olwas2013
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool interview.
Olwas2013.
Edlyn12
Rank attained: Rowan Tree
Rank attained: Rowan Tree

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a great interview.
Edlyn12.
Greengage
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i deleted this post after 3 days why does it keep showing up.mmmmm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Introduce yourself to the rest of the Irish gardeners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: