Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Container gardening in Ireland, including Annual Bedding Plants

Advice for a climber on an East facing wall please

Most Recent Posts Garlic problem
Last post: Greengage
funny
Last post: ponddigger
Introduce yoursellf to whom.......................
Last post: Keeks
I'm new here
Last post: tagwex

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
avs0020
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Advice for a climber on an East facing wall please Reply with quote

Hi everyone. We have our oil tank under a car port. To try and hide it from view from our windows I have a trellis leaning up against it and nailed to the roof of the car port for extra support. Unfortunately the base of the trellis is a cement path but I had 3 square planters about 45cm deep pushed up against the trellis, and every year I've been growing sweetpeas up against the trellis. Its worked well but still only provides screening for half the year. I am looking for something more permanent that would give screening for longer periods, wouldnt mind an east facing well and could be grown in planters of this depth. I was thinking about clematis or a shade loving rose (does that exist and are my planters deep enough?) Then I got to wondering if there was an evergreen creeper that might do the job. Then I got clever and thought I'd just ask for help. Help! Any ideas much appreciated.
Greengage
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivy green
Ivy variegated
Climbing Hydrangea
Wisteria
Ceanothus Trewithen Blue - Californian Lilac
Camellia Lavinia Maggi
Chaenomeles Crimson and Gold
Clematis armandii
Parthenocissus Henryana
Pyracantha
check these out all available from good garden centres.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Container gardening in Ireland, including Annual Bedding Plants All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: