Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irish Weeds & Pests and Diseases of the garden.

weeds, pests and disease

Most Recent Posts oops
Last post: kindredspirit
funny
Last post: kindredspirit
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Margo
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
organicfarmerthomas
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: weeds, pests and disease Reply with quote

When dealing with all the above issues the foundation is a healthy soil, and balanced eco system.

Weeds
Are just a plant in the wrong place, but it is important to know that these plants are there due to an imbalance in the soil that benefits the particular weed. But its also important to know they are natures way of rebalancing the system.

Pests.
Become problem when the eco system is out of tilter and unbalanced .
In a balanced eco system the pests are controlled by natural predators .
The fact is that weak plants emit infrared waves that attract insects who quickly remove the weakened plants to the benefit of the system.
Predators
Slugs eaten by ducks, green fly by ladybirds, beetles, wasps, earwigs and spiders etc....

Disease
Like people, when we are run down, don't have a balanced diet or live in an unbalanced or polluted environment then our immune system is weakened and we are prone to disease . Remineralised healthy soils lead to healthy plants resistant and prone to disease.
Its also worth remembering that disease is natures way of eliminating the weak so the strong can strive.

Bradeen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also much worried due to little pests in my garden like white flies, termites, wasps , and bees which are in a large quantity in my garden and i want to get rid off from these permanently.I have use insect killer spray two times but all in vain. Can any one advised me better about to control these little pests. Well some new things are on this page which is good for me.. Pest Inspections
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irish Weeds & Pests and Diseases of the garden. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: