Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irish Trees & other trees grown in Ireland

Weed Sprays

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Most Recent Posts Pick out the the male of the species
Last post: marlin vs
MORE CROWS
Last post: The Fly
If I knew what this is, I could google how to look after it!
Last post: mllejules
such vigorous, hardy flowering
Last post: mllejules

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Keeks
Rank attained: Silver Birch Tree
Rank attained: Silver Birch Tree

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geranimojess wrote:

I was interested in the Vinegar Theory and pricewise it sounds very attractive so I'll purchase a Litre of both and see which does the trick as I have a large area to cover. Again a big Thank you to all concerned I'll keep you up to Date over the coming Weeks..........Dave.

Sorru forgot to mention about using vineger is that it doesn't really kill down to the roots, and the weeds do tend to come back, but if you regaullay spray the weed every 10 days or so, then the roots will soon die away also.
Geranimojess
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some very interesting suggestions and I appreciate them all. The area I'm most concerned about is the Pebbled Drive-in which has little or no Soil within Spade depth as its all Hardcore but still manages to grow healthy Weeds Month after Month.
I just completed refreshing the Drive with 20 Ton of Stone in the last 2 Weeks and the little Blighters are back again thanks to our Weather,had more Torrential downpours today so basically did nothing bet when I get the Hospital call the Indian Summer will begin..............Dave.
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeks wrote:
Geranimojess wrote:

I was interested in the Vinegar Theory and pricewise it sounds very attractive so I'll purchase a Litre of both and see which does the trick as I have a large area to cover. Again a big Thank you to all concerned I'll keep you up to Date over the coming Weeks..........Dave.

Sorru forgot to mention about using vineger is that it doesn't really kill down to the roots, and the weeds do tend to come back, but if you regaullay spray the weed every 10 days or so, then the roots will soon die away also.

Thanks.I'll still give it a go anyway as one other area is the Dogs Compound and I'd be happier using the Vinegar {as long as he does'nt ask for Fish n Chips to go with it }
medieval knievel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roundup weedkiller 'probably' causes cancer, says WHO study
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/mar/21/roundup-cancer-who-glyphosate-
medieval knievel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in related news - japan have refused to buy meat from norway because the levels of pesticide in the whale meat is double the limit allowed; and it's pesticides which were essentially banned 30 years ago which are being detected:

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/world-on-a-plate/2015/mar/23/japan-refuses-norways-toxic-whale-meat
tippben
Rank attained: Vegetable garden tender

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can still strongly recommend pouring very hot water on weeds after you've made tea, or drained pasta. It does work, and although it's a little often, it does help.
tagwex

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking to a man two weeks ago with cancer. Local doctor and hospital couldn't diagnose him. So off he goes to Dublin and eventually found out from the fourth consultant that it was the weedkiller he was using. A Monsanto product. He says that what he has learnt out of all this is that we all do not put enough protective clothing on. Myself included.

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
medieval knievel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've learned since posting this article that the IARC have only ever once found a chemical 'not carcinogenic', so their results can be viewed in that light.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irish Trees & other trees grown in Ireland All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: