Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Introduce yourself to the rest of the Irish gardeners

Hi From Australia - Seeking advise

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  
Most Recent Posts Back in Business
Last post: tagwex
Weed Identification
Last post: Keeks
Elstar and discovery apple
Last post: Greengage
Help please.. holm oak problems
Last post: Greengage

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
robineire
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Have three dogs here Reply with quote

One of my dogs came back from Ozz with me the last one I aquired was left abandoned on the hill near my house, we took him in after asking around and putting an ad in the shop to see if he was missing. He was really skinny and in bad condition when I got him but as you can see he is looking better now and has a ball in the big garden with the other two.

IMG_0580 (533x800).jpg
 Description:
Ben the new guy
 Filesize:  444.01 KB
 Viewed:  6941 Time(s)

IMG_0580 (533x800).jpg

IMG_0568 (800x533).jpg
 Description:
Gus the Scot
 Filesize:  337.17 KB

IMG_0568 (800x533).jpg

jessy.JPG
 Description:
Jessy from Ozz
 Filesize:  74.3 KB

jessy.JPG

Paleo_Gardener
Rank attained: Hazel Tree
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:48 am    Post subject: Greetings All - Long Time no Post Ė Apologies. Reply with quote

Trust that all are well and enjoying the Spring weather and all there is to do in the garden. It is Autumn were I am. Yes, I moved back to Australia in August of last year and in October bought a small minerís cottage in Beaconsfield Northern Tasmania to be precise. The reasonably large garden is keeping me busy, the freezer is full and have plenty of relish stored away. Now I am planting for winter, broad beans, cabbage family, onion family etc. Got myself a dog for company and am volunteering at the local online centre, seniors kiosk through U3A and the Tamar Telegraph tamartelegraph.com.au.
Her Outdoors
Rank attained: Ash Tree
Rank attained: Ash Tree

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, good to hear from you again! Love the pictures - keep us posted!
robineire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Thinking of moving back myself Reply with quote

How are you finding Tassy? One of the last jobs I did before leaving Aussie was laying a gas pipeline across the Bass Strait and I loved the look of Tasmania.
I have 6 acres here in Connemara, and have been reclaiming the garden over the last couple of years, its a full time job which is just as well as other work is hard to come by here, at the moment I am logging trees that came down in the winter storms.

I miss Australia a lot when the weather is ordinary here, especially swimming and sailing which I used to do a lot of. anyway the boat is back in the water so I have my fingers crossed for some free time to get out there.
Greengage
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome back Paleo gardener good to see your up and about, I take it you didnt stay, weather is great where you are keep us posted on your gardening down under, is it true the water going down the plug hole spins the opposite direction.
tagwex
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now greengage you come across as a very well informed, articulate and knowledgeable person so methinks you know the answer to that one a long time ago.

This boy can really sing http://youtu.be/Dgv78D2duBE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Introduce yourself to the rest of the Irish gardeners All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: