Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News.

Where is Everybody ?

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Most Recent Posts Christmas reading.
Last post: Greengage
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Greengage
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: Sue Deacon
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Sive
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Where is Everybody ? Reply with quote

How about telling us what you are all doing these days ? The forum seems suspiciously quiet.....
Here are some possibilities:
Creating a bog garden. Buying new wellies. Watching the Olympics. Making plans for next year ( the weather just has to be better ) Getting a last-minute flight to the Canaries. Finding your way round the supermarket vegetable section ( we all have to eat ) Finally joining the library. Snoozing in the shed. Having another glass of elderberry wine maybe ? Laughing
kindredspirit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going for a walk! Rolling Eyes

Planning a bit of topiary! Very Happy

Looking at garden seat designs! Surprised

No, seriously, have just acquired more trough plants and wondering where to squeeze them in. I'll leave it until the weekend, I think.

A little garden in Co. Limerick.Some non-gardening photographs.
knoxville
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking at this big Yellow thing in the sky, not sure what it is but it's hot as hell . Very Happy
Sive

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the chuckle kindredspirit !
Lucky you Knoxville......it's totally grey in N. Wexford...but hey the forecast is actually good for the next few days.....as long as we don't get the dreaded sea-fog off the Irish Sea covering the East Coast. Enjoy every minute of the beautiful Mayo weather !
AJ
Rank attained: Ash Tree
Rank attained: Ash Tree

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just going thru one of my fed up with technology phases. happens every now and again. But I think I'm over it now Laughing
Greengage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where Is Everybody?
Where has everyone gone?
I turned around and
everybody's gone
Hello
'anybody there?
I don't like it
This is not fun
It's not fun anymore
It's not just
that they're gone
Its not so much
that I'm alone
Its more the not knowing
the not being sure
if, you know
if they're still there
and I'm the one
that's not
hello
Sean Joyce
Margo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking at this from the bottom of my garden

Sive

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How beautiful Margo......Mayo has been getting the best of the weather I think.
We had a glorious day in Wexford too, with a stunning sunset......and Katie Taylor's gold medal to round off the day.
Eamon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first real post, woooo!!! Very Happy Today I emptied a large bucket of very smelly chicken poo into one of my raised beds that I'd cleared of my last gorgeous spuds a week ago. Man o man those chickens certainly do leave a 'message' after them. My partner's brother kindly gathered the bucketful for me, which even though it was bloody horribly to smell, I am appreciative of. Loads of nitrogen and potassium, etc, etc. I think, though, I'll put my own compost into the other raised bed considering it'll take a bit for the chicken crap to break down.

Anyhow, that's what I've been up to today. Wink
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not doing an Iota and thats not from choice. 10th Oct is the Date set for my Operation, all work in the Garden ceased several weeks ago when it became impossible and the results are plain to see. Frustration heaped upon a feeling of Despair { maybe over the Top } and utter Helplessness all adds up to how I'm feeling plus 8/12 weeks recovering and the thoughts of being idle is a daunting horror I'm not looking forward to.
On the plus side with help from Family and Friends I managed to finish the Nautical Garden with it's own Pier, Boulders,Rocks and 20 Ton of Gravel and Plants. The Path also had 8 Ton of Gold Gravel spread with it's Centerpiece of a squared Area with a 6ft Tree Stump filled with Trailing Iv'ies the squared Area will eventually be filled with an array of Colour come Spring.
Last task after Christmas will be a couple of Trailer-loads of soft Bark for the Play Area. Only for Sites like this I dont know what I'd do to pass the Time, hope everyone else is busy and Sive when you see this a special Thanks for putting me onto Derek Jarmans Gardens you started the Ball rollin' and to everyone else who added their piece it was all appreciated.
The Garden Shop
Rank attained: Rowan Tree
Rank attained: Rowan Tree

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eamon wrote:
My first real post, woooo!!! Very Happy Today I emptied a large bucket of very smelly chicken poo into one of my raised beds that I'd cleared of my last gorgeous spuds a week ago. Man o man those chickens certainly do leave a 'message' after them. My partner's brother kindly gathered the bucketful for me, which even though it was bloody horribly to smell, I am appreciative of. Loads of nitrogen and potassium, etc, etc. I think, though, I'll put my own compost into the other raised bed considering it'll take a bit for the chicken crap to break down.

Anyhow, that's what I've been up to today. Wink

It sounds at though that chicken poo is a bit too fresh and could burn any young plants or seeds that you have in your raised beds..

You would be best to let it compost for a few months and let it break down.
Manure is ready when the potent smell is gone and you cant easily recognized the individual parts

Sive

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Geranimojess, I'm so sorry you're facing into an operation soon and I can only wish you all the very best for a speedy recovery. Please keep in touch before and after, we'll all be anxious to hear news from you. Maybe you can keep busy by posting some photos of the nautical garden ? We'd love to see how it all turned out. And I'm delighted Derek Jarman's garden inspired you......I saw a TV programme about it many years ago and felt there was something very special about it.
Some gardens are like that they seem to enchant us.......
All good wishes to you.
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sive. I have Photos taken but I have to wait until my Son comes down in a few Weeks time to load them up, I'm every bit as anxious to show them as it's been a long time since I first spoke about my Ambitions and plans for the Arena but Thankfully I can see the finishing line in sight, only a few minor Jobs to be done to give it the finish but I cant even do them now it's even a chore to walk the few Yards to the Arena so all my time is mostly spent indoors anyway the Weather is cat here at the moment.
I'll certaintly keep ye up to Date, meanwhile take care and happy Gardening {PS never take it for granted }..........Dave.
Eamon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Garden Shop wrote:
It sounds at though that chicken poo is a bit too fresh and could burn any young plants or seeds that you have in your raised beds..

You would be best to let it compost for a few months and let it break down.
Manure is ready when the potent smell is gone and you cant easily recognized the individual parts

Cheers, I've dug it right in and intend to leave it until the spring. I was thinking of covering the bed over for the winter, but then one of the guys here suggested planting green compost. Not sure how that'll work after your info about the chicken poo burning whatever is planted. Hmm, I may do that with my other raised bed instead and see how the two beds compare. Thanks again for the tip. Wink
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I had the Operation on the 10th and was back home on the 16th.I'm getting around slowly and spending a lot of time reading and catching up on a lot of DVD's I had stored up for the occasion.
This Evening the Family are arriving from Cork and tomorrow the Dub's are due so we're looking forward to a full house, the Weather is suppose to be settled for the Weekend and I'm hoping for a few more Photos to put on show.
Thankfully the growth has begun to slow down now and rot is beginning to show on some plants but my majority are Evergreens so it may not be to bad a sight as 1st thought. I will still look forward to the stroll around the Garden and the odd Fag to accompany my thoughts of what I've to look towards in the coming Spring and for me it cant come quick enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News. All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: