Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Vegetable growing, fruit and allotments in Ireland

Goji Berries, will they bear fruit?

Most Recent Posts funny
Last post: tagwex
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: Ado 2
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Greengage

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Berryman
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Goji Berries, will they bear fruit? Reply with quote

I have two goji berry plants that I planted last year (which were bought as two year old plants) and which grew really well. Both have canes reaching well over ten feet and this year they look set to grow even more. However there is absolutely no sign of any flowers or blossoms which means no fruit. I did a search recently and found numerous forums and videos from amateur and professional growers detailing how there are quite a lot of goji berry plants on the market that just don produce fruit.

Does anyone have any experience growing goji berries? I know its still early days but I'm thinking of pulling them up before they get to big. No point in having them if they dont produce. Any thoughts?
Greengage
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This subject has been discussed many times on the forum if you enter goji berries at the top in the search box and click in the button gardenplansireland it will bring you to all discussions on the topic
dormouse
Rank attained: Rowan Tree
Rank attained: Rowan Tree

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I researched them too and read many places where they said it can take a few years to produce fruit.
Berryman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info guys, although Greengage there is'nt really that much in these forums about goji berries. I was hoping if there is anyone out there who has been growing gojis for enough years to have some sort of experience with them. I was told by the company that I bought them from that they should bear fruit this year which I'm pretty certain wont happen.

Heres a video from a professional grower discussing the topic,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_ZVqCTmlPU&list=UUtLVdiS50ikNEXmXa81bmbg&index=6&feature=plcp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Vegetable growing, fruit and allotments in Ireland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: