Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irish Trees & other trees grown in Ireland

Illegal woodland clearance?

Most Recent Posts Cleaaning polytunels/greenhouses.
Last post: tagwex
I'm new here
Hi, guy here trying to grow stuff in a tunnel
Introduce yoursellf to whom.......................

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
tippben
Rank attained: Vegetable garden tender

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Illegal woodland clearance? Reply with quote

Somebody I know is busy felling mature trees in a small ancient woodland. Ash, Beech, Hazel, even Sallow, ostensibly to make hurleys, but really to sell firewood for cash. They have taken quite a lot (over an acre), and are using a manitou machine to drag the trees out, causing even more damage to the site. Can this be stopped? If I reported it, it'd have to be done anonymously, for reasons of personal safety.
banner
Rank attained: Sessile Oak Tree
Rank attained: Sessile Oak Tree

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Illegal woodland clearance? Reply with quote

tippben wrote:
Somebody I know is busy felling mature trees in a small ancient woodland. Ash, Beech, Hazel, even Sallow, ostensibly to make hurleys, but really to sell firewood for cash. They have taken quite a lot (over an acre), and are using a manitou machine to drag the trees out, causing even more damage to the site. Can this be stopped? If I reported it, it'd have to be done anonymously, for reasons of personal safety.
where is it happening
mariafp

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Illegal woodland clearance? Reply with quote

For general environmental problems not related to EPA licenced sites, such as littering, backyard burning, water pollution, noise, dust and smells, you should contact the local authority in the first instance. If these issues are not resolved by the local authority, the EPA will investigate the issue if you submit this form. You will be asked to provide information on your previous contact with the local authority.

https://lema.epa.ie/complaints

If you don't want to contact your local authority -because you want to remain anonymous- get in touch via email or phone with the Woodland League, The Native Woodland Trust or similar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irish Trees & other trees grown in Ireland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: