Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News.

Putting up a flatpack greenhouse

Most Recent Posts funny
Last post: tagwex
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: Ado 2
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Greengage

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
carma
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Putting up a flatpack greenhouse Reply with quote

A bit of advice for anyone buying a flat pack greenhouse. DONT BE SMUG AND THINK HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO PUT THIS UP!!!!!! Because it is hard and no matter how many times you read about it and say I must remember to do this and not to do that it still happens. Dont use cement that was in the shed, cos it WONT SET. Check the level and that the base is square about 50 million times before the base is even set. Then when you come back to put up the greenhouse check it again and again!!!!!!! AND AGAIN. Remember they give screws different numbers for a reason and no its not a good thing to have a bag of one number left over and not enough of another!!! But at last after 2 and a half days the blasted thing is up with a broken handle off one window and the other window not closing properly but its up. Did I mention the two ugly stickers that I cant reach to remove, that will bug me every time I look out the top window. Whinge over now its work on the soil and sow. Rolling Eyes
carma

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site cleared, that as it happens was the easy bit! Thats my raised bed at the side yet another work in progress.

2012-03-11 13.56.24.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  236.98 KB
 Viewed:  2921 Time(s)

2012-03-11 13.56.24.jpg

carma

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy My Greenhouse Very Happy Very Happy With my finished and raised bed. Very Happy I set radish sprouting brocolli spring onions spinach beet and rocket. That was just over a week ago and everything is up. I havent planted the greenhouse yet as I want to grow cucumbers and tomatoes and havent brought the plants on enough yet.

2012-03-31 18.25.19.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  178.01 KB
 Viewed:  2915 Time(s)

2012-03-31 18.25.19.jpg

Her Outdoors
Rank attained: Ash Tree
Rank attained: Ash Tree

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done - you can plant to your hearts content now you have the greenhouse in place. Good job!
carma

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I will have arm muscles like popeye after riddling both sides of the greenhouse and the bed. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: