Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Introduce yourself to the rest of the Irish gardeners

Hello from Sweden - Planing to move to Ireland

Most Recent Posts oops
Last post: Margo
funny
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Diana61
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Hello from Sweden - Planing to move to Ireland Reply with quote

Hi all Irish gardeners! Very Happy

I hope it's OK for me to be here even though I'm not living in Ireland (yet), but my husband (English) and I are planning to move to Ireland in the near future and we are reading up on everything Irish so we are ready when the move is due.
I'm a very keen gardener and have been so since the 80's.

I joined this forum to learn more about how you in Ireland do the gardening.

Thank you for listening Very Happy

tippben
Rank attained: Vegetable garden tender

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Diana, and welcome! Where in Ireland are you planning to move to?
Diana61

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wicklow would be lovely or near Blessington area but we are both planning to work in Dublin but live outside, so as close as possible to Dublin so we don't have to commute to far. We have a friend (two) in Dublin and we will go back in October again for 11 nights so we can travel around the coast and find out more about Ireland and get a prober feel for the place and at the same time try to work out where we can live so we don't have to travel too far or too long to work.
Greengage
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome do you know something we dont, Watching the news these past few days half the country are trying to leave and today 2500 banking staff will loose their jobs, not to mention the service charges, pension levey,pay cuts, shorter working week,Bin charges, Household tax,Water tax, Petrol 1.61, etc etc. welcome and good luck,
I googled swedish jobs and there are loads in Ireland MMMMM think ill learn swedish might be better than Nomadic Organic Turkeys for the christmas market.
Diana61

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink Well that's the thing. Ireland (Dublin) wants lots of Swedish speaking people so that's why we are planing to move over. Sweden don't want me any more. I was made redundant back in November 2004 and now I have just turned 50 in December so I'm dead meat and should be lying on the compost heap in their eyes. My husband might loose his job (again) at the end of this year so that's why we are now talking about to move to Ireland where they need us. My husband have been here for 18 years now so he can speak Swedish.
mariafp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome! Wish you best of luck! :O)
Maeve Drogheda
Rank attained: Sessile Oak Tree
Rank attained: Sessile Oak Tree

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Diana,

Welcom to the forum. I think you have picked the right time to come here, houses are a lot cheaper than they were, and you will probably find the cost of living cheaper here than Sweeden. I lived abroad for many years and have many Danish and Sweedish friends who think our life style here is great and not as expensive as their homes.

Grow your own movement is fantastic here, and a lot of people are getting back to basics, growing their own food etc. This forum is very informative and will give you lots of help. The google search bar at the top is the best gardening tool around!!

Let us know what you grow in Sweeden, and aboutt eh growing seasons.

Best of luck with the move.

Maeve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Introduce yourself to the rest of the Irish gardeners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: