Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irelands Garden tools / equipment. (mowers, glasshouses & polytunnels etc).

Wheelie Bin Locks

Most Recent Posts At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: kindredspirit
funny
Last post: tagwex
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: tagwex
oops
Last post: Margo

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
mayomatt
Rank attained: Hazel Tree
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Wheelie Bin Locks Reply with quote

Hey everyone,
Currently in the middle of a storm and have quite a few problems with our wheelie bins being blown around and nowhere to put them except for inside the house!!

We don't have anything available outside to store them in and need a solution for outside the house. I have looked for a few bin locks but they only lock the bin itself, it doesn't secure it to anything.

The only near relevant thing I have found is a "Bin Guardian" wheelie bin lock which actually secures it to the wall which I found on amazon. I have also been told that I could use a hidbin but I just see those as making the problem worse by catching the wind even more.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these if you can recommend them?
Anonany
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not tried either of those products, but think another option would be a fenced corral area. Like the hidbin, it would disguise the bins, but should also prevent them from being blown away. Open palings might catch the wind less than a solid panel.

If it's going against a wall -- and depending on wind direction -- it could be either two fixed sides plus a gate or two fixed sides and no gate. The bins could be wheeled in/out one at a time, much like supermarket trolley bay systems.

Provided the fence isn't too high, you should still be able to access the lids of the bins. If you wanted to make a virtue out of necessity ... you could always plant some climbers or a thin hedge to give a softer look !

Good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irelands Garden tools / equipment. (mowers, glasshouses & polytunnels etc). All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: