Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Introduce yourself to the rest of the Irish gardeners

Plastic Pots

Most Recent Posts oops
Last post: Margo
funny
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Bernadette Flynn
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Plastic Pots Reply with quote

Hi All

This is my first post and am finding it difficult to navigate the site - so God only knows where this message will end up. BUT whoever sees it/gets it - I still would love an answer.

My question? Does anyone know where I can get plastic pots for potting - cheaply? I have only recently started to propagate and am enjoying it so much that I want to put everything into a pot. but the trouble is the pots are very expensive to buy. Anyone got any ideas. I live outside Gorey - so anywhere between Wexford and Dublin would do.
Sive
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about advertising on the notice board in Springmount Garden Centre...there must be so many people with piles of plastic pots they don't know what to do with, so you could help them to recycle them !.......or maybe a nursery would sell you some.
tippben
Rank attained: Vegetable garden tender

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have LOADS, that will have to go to the local recycling centre. If you can make it to Nenagh, you can take them all!
Bernadette Flynn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Plastic Pots Reply with quote

Gee thanks!!

Good iea about Springmount. I will give it a go - hope they don't think I am "poaching" business from them though!

Nenagh - bit too far for me but you never know. If I know anyone who is going that way I will get in touch to see if you still have them. BUT i have to say you should be doing what I am doing. I now have about 100 new plants that I took from cuttings in the garden and I am distributing them to friends and family who are only too delighted to receive them. My Christmas presents are even sorted!!!
Sive

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I wish I had your green fingers Bernadette. Maybe you should offer to give classes in how to take cuttings ! I had so many failures years ago that I gave up even trying. Now I just let nature do the work by layering and self-seeding.
Margo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try freecycle. Try Googling Freecycle and your area and you'll be surprised whats on there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Introduce yourself to the rest of the Irish gardeners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: