Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irish Lawns and grass care

Drain on lovely lawn

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Most Recent Posts Just saying.............
Last post: vulkan
Planning the garden jobs month by month - DECEMBER
Last post: tagwex
Rocks in troughs.
Time to go?

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
kindredspirit
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing, I'd do, would be to move that oil tank up underneath the kitchen window where you have the portable barbie at the moment.

Then I'd cut all the branches of the scrub on the other side of the stream to let the sun in. I presume the Bog Owner wouldn't mind. Then I'd get rid of the concrete blocks, pallets etc. When the area is nice and clear, it'll look so much better.

Digging your combined drain/path should be a doddle. Be adventurous. Don't build a straight path. Make it wiggly woggly to add some interest. Include a bigger area that you can put a table and chairs on for somewhere to drink your wine! Pile your spoil into little humps that you can plant alpines, shrubs etc, on or make a seat out of.

Draw your plan out on the back of an envelope. All the best garden plans have been drawn out on the back of envelopes first. Very Happy It concentrates the ideas.

A little garden in Co. Limerick.Some non-gardening photographs.
finnagen
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Kinder i am going to get Rid of trees at back that is were sun is blocked for a bit in Mid day , as for the Oil Drum i Cant see anyone else on the Estate that has got away with it or maybe they cant be Bother , i like the idea of opening all that up at the bottom, but i also need a compost area were the pallets are the now , and some those trees at back i want to leave for a bit of Shade .
But food for thought , all i can do is plan as the Rain just keeps on Coming , i will eventually have to go out in rain if it dont let up soon .
ponddigger
Rank attained: Orchard owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: drainage Reply with quote

hi finnagen.found this on the internet might be some help to you Idea pd http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054939061
finnagen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: drainage Reply with quote

ponddigger wrote:
hi finnagen.found this on the internet might be some help to you Idea pd http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054939061
Thanks pond digger I will put pics up soon of garden as I say it is solid clay under my 2feet of soil so I can't did down as far as the guy in the link you sent me !
I have dug a trench down side and filled with beach stones but it is still a marsh out there .

Again many thanks pal
Greengage
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to leave this to ponddigger if anyone knows about water and drainage its him.
If he cant solve your problem it probably cant be done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irish Lawns and grass care All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: