Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Introduce yourself to the rest of the Irish gardeners

Just starting up our online Garden Centre website

Most Recent Posts funny
Last post: tagwex
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: tagwex
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: kindredspirit
oops
Last post: Margo

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
The Garden Shop
Rank attained: Rowan Tree

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Just starting up our online Garden Centre website Reply with quote

Hi all, we have been working away for years in the landscaping and general gardening 'field' (if you'll excuse the pun). Now that we have started up The Garden Shop, we wanted to get more involved the the gardening community out there on the web and having looked around at several forums, we decided to join the Irish Gardeners forum. Hopefully we can pass on some of the knowledge that we have obtained over the years to help newbie gardeners and 'stumped' (always with the puns) veterans and might even learn a trick or two ourselves. Our own website is small at the moment but in the coming months we have great plans to introduce a vast library of tutorial videos on all things gardening related so if you find our advice in Irish Gardeners useful, why not stop by The Garden Shop and check it out sometime.
michael brenock
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no plants no seeds, no books, prices look good. Disagree with your diagnosis on strawberries, you will have to try harder .
best of luck on new site
michael brenock horticultural advisor (retired)

The Garden Shop

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michael brenock wrote:
no plants no seeds, no books, prices look good. Disagree with your diagnosis on strawberries, you will have to try harder .
best of luck on new site

Hi Michael, got your email. Just to address your points. The strawberries answer, just our opinion. May be other other options.

As for the lack of seeds, plantts, books etc.....They are all coming along with a host of other stuff. Have to start somewhere. Little acorns and all that. Little point in selling most seed this time of year, especially when we have to hold it over the winter. Come the spring, please revisit the site and hopefully you will be happier with the website then. We have signed up to lots of different gardening forums and since last week, when we started, we have posted over 100 answers to queries and if we are wrong on the strawberries, and I accept that we could well be, it's the only one we have been picked up on. Can't be perfect all the time:-) Anyway, thanks for the good wishes. Good to see we have someone to keep us on our toes.

sunnymount farm
Rank attained: Hazel Tree
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck with the site, I'll certainly support you when you fully set up.
If it's books you're after try Michael Brenock's 'The Irish Gardeners Handbook'
I have a copy and it's a great reference book.
You might have seen his name pop up once or twice before on this site!
The Garden Shop

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunnymount farm wrote:
Best of luck with the site, I'll certainly support you when you fully set up.
If it's books you're after try Michael Brenock's 'The Irish Gardeners Handbook'
I have a copy and it's a great reference book.
You might have seen his name pop up once or twice before on this site!

We'll defo check it out when we get to that stage of sourcing products. As you can Imagine, there is an enormous amount of supplies and equipment to be sourced. We have a lot of it nailed down now but how we operate on our other e-commerce website is that we don't add things even if we have them ordered until we physically get them in our hands and can test them and speak to the uses, advantages and disadvantages of them as you see from the product blurbs. Anyway, we'll keep the book in mind for later in the process. Cheers.

michael brenock
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is hard to convey the correct message in writing rather than talking and i am glad it was taken in the right spirit. I am not there to lord it over anybody that I am the only one with the correct answer and i must compliment you for being generous enough in mentioning my book. I love browsing through lists of seed varieties and shrubs. So best of luck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Introduce yourself to the rest of the Irish gardeners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: