Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Container gardening in Ireland, including Annual Bedding Plants

plants not growing?

Most Recent Posts oops
Last post: kindredspirit
funny
Last post: kindredspirit
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Margo
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
mollyshere
Rank attained: Hazel Tree
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: plants not growing? Reply with quote

hi guys im a new gardener and apart from the bit of helping the mother when i was younger this is my first time gardening in my own home. my problem is that ive grow loads of plants from seed and have lots of little seedlings but they dont seem to be getting any bigger. i have a good few atill in trays but ive moved a lot into pots but they dont seem to be advancing. i sowed most of them in april and some early may and it seems like a long time for them still to be quite small. and for those that have come along some of them have leaves that are starting to wither. i do water regularly and have added food to the water about once a week but im still stuck Sad

help !!

Maeve Drogheda
Rank attained: Sessile Oak Tree
Rank attained: Sessile Oak Tree

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be too upset about the plants not coming on yet, the weather is not warm or sunny at the moment and at night it is quiet cold, so the plants are not happy. I have lots of pots of summer bedding that are not in full flower yet which never happens me, and I am putting it down to the poor summer weather so far. But look on the bright side, the forecast for the week end in sunny and hot especially on Sunday. Don't give up yet, gardening can be very hit and miss!! But go back through all the old threads on this site and you are bound to get inspiration.
The Garden Shop
Rank attained: Rowan Tree
Rank attained: Rowan Tree

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can be frustrating with seeds. Its trying to get the balance right between watering, light, ventilation etc. that can be the catching point. When sowing seeds try to sow some really easy to grow varieties along with your other seeds to give you a bit of confidence. Try california poppies now for early blooms next year they are so easy to grow and easy on the eye also. stick with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Container gardening in Ireland, including Annual Bedding Plants All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: