Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Vegetable growing, fruit and allotments in Ireland

Offered: Garden Compost ... Bray

Most Recent Posts Christmas reading.
Last post: Greengage
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Greengage
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: Sue Deacon
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Anonany
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Offered: Garden Compost ... Bray Reply with quote

We've a fairly large garden and produce far more compost than we can ever use. I'm wondering if anyone here would be interested in dropping by and helping themselves to as much as they want ?

It's composed of lawn mowings, kitchen fruit/veg trimmings, shredded prunings from lots of shrubs/hedges, etc. It's quite crumbly and sweet-smelling and, in my opinion, would be ideal for soil-conditioning.

I would regard this as being eco-friendly/organic since I don't use any additives or accelerators ... just leave Mother Nature to do her stuff. It's stored in an enclosed area about 12ft x 4ft x 2-3ft high and is about 2 year's old.

Now for the cost ... absolutely free to anyone prepared to bring their own bags and fill them themselves !
michael brenock
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sounds like a great offer. There should be plenty of GIY ers around wgho should be interested in it. Try a poster at a local farmers market. Best of luck to you.
michael brenock horticultural adbvisor (retired)

Anonany

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Try a poster at a local farmers market.

Never thought of that ! In previous years I've offered it on places like FreeCycle, Jumbletown, FreeTradeIreland, etc, but (regrettably) only come across a few genuine takers ... if it's not ready-bagged, most people just don't want the bother.

I had hoped that -- with so many allotmenteers on this forum -- I would have found more people willing to come and help themselves. Ah well, if the local farmers market (such a great idea, thank you) doesn't produce any takers, we'll just have to put it under the hedges ... yet again !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Vegetable growing, fruit and allotments in Ireland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: