Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Introduce yourself to the rest of the Irish gardeners

Hi from sunny Swords

Most Recent Posts Christmas reading.
Last post: Greengage
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Greengage
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: Sue Deacon
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
JohnTheHandyman
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject: Hi from sunny Swords Reply with quote

Hi folks,
I just wanted to say hi. I am new here and new to gardening this year. I am mainly concentrating on trying to grow some fruit and veg and sort out my garden in the process.
Talk soon
John
Sive
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi from Wexford, John ! Not sunny today, but not complaining as we finally got some proper rain last night.
Welcome to the forum...and to the whole wonderful world of gardening.
Geranimojess
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John, Welcome,you will find a jolly Bunch of eager Beavers here always willing to help out with advice-suggestions-and anything else you need, dont be afraid to test their knowledge,looking forward to your progress reports and a few "Before and After" Photos.
heno55

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome you will certainly learn loads and get very good hints and tips
JohnTheHandyman

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks, I just wanted to thank you all for your kind words of welcome. I couldnt wait to get out into my garden today lol. This hobby is certainly very addictive! I have taken photos of every stage but the files are too big. I will resize them and post as soon as I get a chance.
Filled my second raised bed today with corn, onions, lettuce, beetroot, turnips and two small drills of potatoes. All of which I have grown myself from seed except the potatoes and onions from sets then transplanted.
One raised bed left but I have no soil. Does any body know where I could get some? I dont have money to spend on it as things are tight at the moment but if anyone has any suggestions i would be most grateful.
Talk soon
John

My garden.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  74.28 KB
 Viewed:  2903 Time(s)

My garden.jpg

My garden.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  74.28 KB
 Viewed:  2903 Time(s)

My garden.jpg

walltoall
Rank attained: Orchard owner

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Hi from sunny Swords Reply with quote

Mud in yer eye JohnTheHandyman. I'm a fellow Fingallian grown and nurtured just out the road in Lusk but living in Essex this while. Delighted you dropped in. You'll be well minded here, lad. And it's obvious from your photos you mean business. Do you follow Colmcilles?

As for soil: Try the Primrose Nursery in Kilhedge Lane off the Corduff Road near Lusk. If you go to Blakes Cross and continue north its the 3rd turn on the right just after the school. Ask for John (Ginner) Carton and tell him Shaun Wall sent you. He may have spare loam or mushroom clear out at little cost. If not, he's a dead decent guy and will help you out SOME way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Introduce yourself to the rest of the Irish gardeners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: