Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News.

New Community Garden in the South East

Most Recent Posts funny
Last post: tagwex
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: Ado 2
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Greengage

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Garlicbreath
Rank attained: Silver Birch Tree

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: New Community Garden in the South East Reply with quote

Hi all,

I hope I'm not out of place posting here. I just thought that any of you in the Wexford Area would be interested in a new community garden that's just getting going a few miles from Wexford town in the village of Castlebridge. It's in the walled garden of Castlebridge House. I don't know the exact size but it's a pretty big plot of land. It's currently being cleared of willow and brambles and the polytunnel should arrive in the next week or so. Have a look at some photos here http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=118812872929 There should be a website/blog up and running soon as well as an updated Facebook page.

We're looking for volunteers to help out clearing and planting. There's a lot of work to do but it's going to be amazing! We plan on getting the veg garden started this year as well as putting the hard landscaping in and getting a sensory garden built and planted. If you or anyone you know would be interested in helping out please get in touch through me or the Facebook page. We also need all kinds of plastic (or other) pots so if anyone needs to clear out their garden shed please think of us Smile

Sara
Sive
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a really interesting project and I wish you all the best with it. I'm afraid I'm way up in the north of the county, but I'd love to follow your progress, so do please tell us about your website when it's up and running.
Garlicbreath

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on Community Garden - here's the link to the new Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Castlebridge-Community-Garden/145914345478411 Lots of photos of the clearing process. The whole site is cleared now and the the polytunnel frame is up, polythene to go on this weekend weather permitting! Can't wait to get planting Smile
Garlicbreath

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work is progressing very well in the community garden. The polytunnel is up and the first few plants were put in yesterday. We've started work on the raised beds outside - there will be 6 BIG beds! First one was completed and planted with an assortment of cabbages, sweetcorn, broccoli and celery. Click on this link to see a photographic record of progress. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Castlebridge-Community-Garden/145914345478411?sk=photos

If anyone is in the area there will be a fundraising concert by the Castlebridge Gospel Choir and Friends in the church next Sunday, 17 July at 5.30, followed by a blessing of the garden. All welcome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: