Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Vegetable growing, fruit and allotments in Ireland

New-t-est form of pest control in garden

Most Recent Posts Christmas reading.
Last post: Greengage
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Greengage
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: Sue Deacon
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
simonj
Rank attained: Pedunculate oak tree

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: New-t-est form of pest control in garden Reply with quote

The last day when I was blogging about drainage, I touched on making the garden more attractive to frogs.

Today, Josephina turned up with a newt or lizard (not sure, sent the photos away for ID) but thats really good news for me Very Happy . From my initial reading it appears this is probably a male newt

Poor wee bubber had lost his tail and part of a leg thanks to the attention of my fierce little feline friend, but otherwise seemed in good nick.

For now I moved it to an enclosed drain which has water and mud - and provided shelter.

My plan is - subject to advice - is to put dry catfood in under the shelter on a dry spot. This will attract slugs to the drain, and provide food for my retained reptile.

With only 3 legs and a tail (which will grow back) I recon the only name for said reptile is Lucky.

liz2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.92 KB
 Viewed:  799 Time(s)

liz2.jpg

liz7.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.76 KB

liz7.jpg

liz9.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  21.44 KB

liz9.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Vegetable growing, fruit and allotments in Ireland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: