Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Vegetable growing, fruit and allotments in Ireland

Mr Middleton difficulties

Most Recent Posts funny
Last post: Margo
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: Ado 2
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Greengage

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
simonj
Rank attained: Pedunculate oak tree

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Mr Middleton difficulties Reply with quote

Well, having reccommended Mr Middletons in the past I can no longer do so Sad

11 January for my perpetual patch I ordered Jeruselem Artichoke and Asparagus crowns from them, as advertised in the Irish times.
It was the first time I had spare cash in some time so it was a real treat.

After ordering,and getting confirmation, I got an email saying that there might be a small delay in deliveries.

Over a week later I emailed asking for an update, again, the reply was awaiting delivery but I should have them within a week - that was about the 19th.

Roll on Feb 15th - and a phonecall asking for card details.
I had assumed that payment had been taken in January - but no, and in the meantime I had changed my card.

So I'm a little fed up being messed about, particularly after having been a loyal customer - they are where I sourced my nemaslug and other items.

If anyone here can accept paypal I'd love to buy 10 jeruselem artichoke tubers and 6 asparagus crowns, if you don't do it for me - think of Delaney

medieval knievel
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was in the shop recently asking about elephant garlic, and they told me they've been expecting it from the supplier for weeks, if not months, and the supplier keeps letting them down. it's possible you're suffering from the same issue.
kali291
Rank attained: Hazel Tree
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Mr Middleton Reply with quote

medieval knievel wrote:
i was in the shop recently asking about elephant garlic, and they told me they've been expecting it from the supplier for weeks, if not months, and the supplier keeps letting them down. it's possible you're suffering from the same issue.

I too ordered Jerusalem artichokes, asparagus and elephant garlic plus other items in late December. After much chasing part of the order was sent out mid January less these 3 items, which were 'out of stock'. Last week, again after several emails and phone calls, I received the artichokes and asparagus, and a note saying they could not supply elephant garlic due to crop failure.
I have used Mr Middleton for several years, and have always found them very efficient in quickly supplying items of very good quality. They have obviously had a problem with these three items, and it would only take a note on their website to maintain the good reputation they have enjoyed up till now.
simonj
Rank attained: Pedunculate oak tree

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I hada lot of chasingto do as well, which as the customer is not really my job.
I found communications very poor, and if it was the jeruselem artichoke that was a problem, I wish they had sent on the Asparagus crowns as they were in stock, I would have picked up the asparagus later.

michael brenock

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i looked for mr middletons shop in capel street and it is gone, moved to mary street.Great selection for ornamental garden, poor for vegetable grower.
michael brenock horticultural advisor (retired)
medieval knievel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

their stock tends to vary in focus based on the time of year, obviously. i've been in there and been a bit overwhelmed at the choice of seed potatoes.
forest flame
Rank attained: Yew tree

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imho it is hard to beat the choice and value at bnq tallaght and i am sure the other bnq shops are the same. they seem to be getting more and more into the grow your own and they are quite reasonable
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Vegetable growing, fruit and allotments in Ireland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: